CK Vanilla NPC Editing Issue

ChampionHunter

I'm posting this here 'cause Bethesda.net is awful.

Righto, so: I'm looking to attach a script to the vanilla NPC templates but find I am unable to do so. Upon editing a vanilla NPC, I get the warning "DEFAULT: Could not enable form editing on combo box." and the scripts box is disabled (among other things, differs from NPC to NPC).

I've looked around and there isn't much to go on except this one find: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/8795?start=0&tstart=0

But, as mentioned, this is vanilla NPCs from Fallout4.esm. Untouched by FO4Edit. There are *some* NPCs that have working script boxes, but not many. I have verified my Fallout installation and reinstalled the CK, but the problem persists. What's the deal? Am I going to be forced to create duplicate templates and change all the NPCs to use these new templates?

Cheers,

CH.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this because I have the exact same issue. I'm trying to edit raider level lists but every time I open one I get the same warning "cannot edit combo box" or whatever and I can't change anything at all. Vanilla load here, no mods, no .esp files, I haven't even touched anything yet for crying out loud and they're already telling me I can't touch anything? WTF?

• 7 months later...
This thread is the top hit when you search for "DEFAULT: Could not enable form editing on combo box." and it still doesn't have an answer. :/