Wrye Bash Not Launching

Chauliodus

Have Vista and installed it right but it just hourglasses for a second and then stops when I click on the launcher.

Log is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\Mopy>c:\python27\python.e

xe bash.py -d

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bash.py", line 344, in <module>

main()

File "bash.py", line 311, in main

basher.InitLinks()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\Mopy\basher.py",

line 15386, in InitLinks

InitStatusBar()

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\Mopy\basher.py",

line 14297, in InitStatusBar

(bosh.dirs['app'].join('Data\\BOSS.bat'),bosh.dirs['app'].join('Data\\BOSS.e

xe'),bosh.dirs['app'].join('BOSS\\BOSS.exe'))[version],

IndexError: tuple index out of range

I have almost no programming experience and have no idea what this means as it isn't listed under the known issues in the Wyre Bash guide.

It's enraging me that so many mods for this game hinge on a program that is known to have so many issues with x64 bit OSs when they're some predominant now. Adding mods to Morrowwind or FO3 isn't as hard as this and it's only a bloody 5 year old game.

Edited by Chauliodus

I can't help you, but I agree with you. I use Wrye Mash for Morrowind, but I won't even try Wrye Bash because of the known issues.

I'd rather do without the mods!

suzy

Have you considered doing what most Vista-based modders have done, and shift your Steam install outside of the Program Files (x86) directory? UAC nobbles nearly everything you try there, and that has been known to include Wrye Bash.

Bben46's reinstall procedure has a link to the "how to move your Steam install" section on the Steam forums.

Alternatively, get off your high horse and learn to program so you can write what YOU consider to be a program with no issues on the "predominant" 64bit OSs

btw - "predominant - most frequent or common" - so you are claiming more people run 64 bit than 32 bit OSs? Go read a few statistics.

• 2 weeks later...

Way to be a dick, Mark.

I'm having the same issue when trying to run wrye bash. It crashes on launch and I get "IndexError: tuple index out of range" in the log. In the guy's defense, it is pretty frustrating that many Oblivion mods are designed to work with wrye bash, given how obtuse and fussy it is, when OBMM is a much more simple and reliable option. I suppose I should just be thankful that modders working on Fallout have the good sense to utilize the Fallout Mod Manager.

This thread is where the Wrye Bash mavens hang out, discussing problems, and taking questions from all comers. I strongly recommend asking there, since the lot are pretty approachable. Several of them hang around here, too, but they don't usually peruse the forums. You might try PMing the ones who show up a lot in the Wrye Bash discussion on Nexus, for example.

In the guy's defense, it is pretty frustrating that many Oblivion mods are designed to work with wrye bash, given how obtuse and fussy it is, when OBMM is a much more simple and reliable option.

Problem is that Wrye Bash does so very much more than OBMM, and once you get it working, WB is a fantastic bundle of interrelated utilities. Which isn't a diss at OBMM. I use it, as well. Wrye Bash is just that much more full-featured.