Mods require re-enabling every time I start the game

TheDemonsDay

So since update 1.5 I have had to disable and then re-enable my esps in Beth's mod menu every time I start F4. I cant seem to find anyone else having this issue. NMM is up to date (0.61.22), my load order is LOOT sorted, and F4 is up to date. If I start the game with the mods enabled there is no "mods" tab on the main menu and the game does not load the mods despite the esps being checked in NMM.

Any clue as to what could be going on?

I'm having the same problem. Every time I launch the game I have to go into Load Order and re-select every mod (even if I don't access NMM between launches)

I'm running around 80 mods, its getting old having to do it every time :verymad:

I'm having the same problem. Every time I launch the game I have to go into Load Order and re-select every mod (even if I don't access NMM between launches)

I'm running around 80 mods, its getting old having to do it every time :verymad:

Im running about 120 myself, so I understand the pain. Im also happy and sad to hear I am not the only one with this problem.

This update really is a mess. Mods that change legendary enemy spawn rates and player/NPC damage flat out dont work anymore. :down:

Curious... Are you people setting to pluggins.txt to read only? If so don't. If you aren't then I really have no clue as what your problem is since I'm running fine.

Have you installed mods using Beth or only use the Beth Mod Menu to activate mods? I've installed all of my games using Nexus and using NMM and never use that Beth Mod Menu and all of my mods load and run perfectly.

If you have installed any mod via Beth then try uninstalling them (not sure how easy that will be since again I never used Beth) and then download and install the mods thru Nexus and NMM and see if that works. Also make sure to use NMM 0.61.22.

Curious... Are you people setting to pluggins.txt to read only? If so don't. If you aren't then I really have no clue as what your problem is since I'm running fine.

Have you installed mods using Beth or only use the Beth Mod Menu to activate mods? I've installed all of my games using Nexus and using NMM and never use that Beth Mod Menu and all of my mods load and run perfectly.

If you have installed any mod via Beth then try uninstalling them (not sure how easy that will be since again I never used Beth) and then download and install the mods thru Nexus and NMM and see if that works. Also make sure to use NMM 0.61.22.

I played around with plugins.txt and it didnt seem to make any difference.

All of my mods are installed via NMM and so Im not sure what the issue is. Most likely there is some bit of human error hidden away, that I just cant find.

Still though thanks for the effort. :)

I had the same problem.

Is anyone using True Storms FO4?

Disabling it and starting the game worked for me.

Its a bit of a pain but if you want to use the mod enable it in-game every time you start playing.

I played around with plugins.txt and it didnt seem to make any difference.

All of my mods are installed via NMM and so Im not sure what the issue is. Most likely there is some bit of human error hidden away, that I just cant find.

Still though thanks for the effort. :smile:

same here- tried both ways with the plugins.txt and it didn't help. To top all that off suddenly I have to log into Bethesda.net EVERY time I play (along with enabling all the mods).

IMO Bethesda is killing the awesome community that drives people to buy their games. It's like they felt there MUST be $ to be made by stealing the reins away from NMM.

Really sucks.

Try deleting plugin.nmm.bak file in your appdata\fo4 folder (Users\yourname\appdata\local\fallout4) and then disable and enable all mods in nmm, don't uninstall anything just uncheck them and close nmm then open nmm and check and close again. If that doesn't help then delete all the files in the appdata\fo4 folder, run the steam launcher once and exit it then open nmm enable all mods then run the launcher and load the game.

The nmm backup files from earlier versions of nmm and older versions of the game can cause problems.

Try deleting plugin.nmm.bak file in your appdata\fo4 folder (Users\yourname\appdata\local\fallout4) and then disable and enable all mods in nmm, don't uninstall anything just uncheck them and close nmm then open nmm and check and close again. If that doesn't help then delete all the files in the appdata\fo4 folder, run the steam launcher once and exit it then open nmm enable all mods then run the launcher and load the game.

The nmm backup files from earlier versions of nmm and older versions of the game can cause problems.

I tried your suggestion. I didnt seem to do anything. Thanks Though.

Curious, to people who both have the problem and don't, do you have DLC purchased?

I had the same problem.

Is anyone using True Storms FO4?

Disabling it and starting the game worked for me.

Its a bit of a pain but if you want to use the mod enable it in-game every time you start playing.

Thats honestly no better than just restarting all the mods.