Creation Kit - Deleted Objects Still Showing Up In Game

MsRae

• 8 months later...

And if those objects are NON REFERENCED ones? And they for certain ain't necessary for any Quest, as I talk about dirt and debris and car wreckage etc.

You can ignore that, as I solved it. Well fixed it is better way to say it as I am not sure why it needed fixing:

I moved my mod as last to load, namely after SCRAP EVERYTHING -mod, and it works fine now. What I don't get is that I've done about 70+ settlement mods for my own pleasure, and in 20 or so I have used CK to remove unwanted objects, dirt, etc. and I have had no trouble with SCRAP EVERYTHING before. Well, I'll mark that as 'one of the mysteries of CK'. :D

ps. anyone interested in few choice settlement places? I could publish some mods if someone is interested. Mind you, I don't hand over ready made settlements, but only cool spots to build your settlement on. All is working as should, only thing missing from those mods are borders, I don't like to use those. :P

I know this is an old thread, but could someone shed some science behind this issue with the static objects persisting in game. I read about the save game deal, but I don't think that is my problem here. Objects i alter seem to take, but items I delete (like static debris) persist. I must have hand deleted over 430 static objects, and when I use fa4 edit (not before) it brings back all the items instead of disabling them... ...yeah.

• 1 month later...

Yea

And if those objects are NON REFERENCED ones? And they for certain ain't necessary for any Quest, as I talk about dirt and debris and car wreckage etc.

You can ignore that, as I solved it. Well fixed it is better way to say it as I am not sure why it needed fixing:

I moved my mod as last to load, namely after SCRAP EVERYTHING -mod, and it works fine now. What I don't get is that I've done about 70+ settlement mods for my own pleasure, and in 20 or so I have used CK to remove unwanted objects, dirt, etc. and I have had no trouble with SCRAP EVERYTHING before. Well, I'll mark that as 'one of the mysteries of CK'. :D

ps. anyone interested in few choice settlement places? I could publish some mods if someone is interested. Mind you, I don't hand over ready made settlements, but only cool spots to build your settlement on. All is working as should, only thing missing from those mods are borders, I don't like to use those. :tongue:

Yeah, I have the same idea. Anyone knows how to solve this?

if you save in spot xxx, and change things true ck in spot xx, and load the game there is a very big change xx items still show, because the save tell the game item xx is there and there

i forgot wat items still showed but i think the static 1's will still show, a simple sample is, go sanct, save infront the wb, load ck move the wb in sanct to xx spot

save into a esp, activate esp, load your save, and look the wb is still in the old spot

as for scrap everything(never used it), so not sure how it works, but if it make changes to any cell and load after your mod, and change the cell your mod is in, it will reverse the changes

btw why even use a scrap mod if you make a settlement true ck, you can simple disable everything you don't want

Edited by speedynl

if you save in spot xxx, and change things true ck in spot xx, and load the game there is a very big change xx items still show, because the save tell the game item xx is there and there

i forgot wat items still showed but i think the static 1's will still show, a simple sample is, go sanct, save infront the wb, load ck move the wb in sanct to xx spot

save into a esp, activate esp, load your save, and look the wb is still in the old spot

as for scrap everything(never used it), so not sure how it works, but if it make changes to any cell and load after your mod, and change the cell your mod is in, it will reverse the changes

btw why even use a scrap mod if you make a settlement true ck, you can simple disable everything you don't want

I haven't tried ingame yet, but the problem is that if I delete a lot of things, close ck and open back ck after a while,some of the oldes deleted items will reappear, I will try to use an empty save and uninstall scrap everything.

if you mean, you disable stuff in ck, and load the esp again, the ck will show the disabled stuff again, its normal, if you disable stuf in ck, then pull it down under the ground

next time ck will not show it

if you delete stuff, and run fo4edit to delete=disable, ck will show it also again, the only way to prevent ck to show it again, pull it under the ground

Edited by speedynl

if you mean, you disable stuff in ck, and load the esp again, the ck will show the disabled stuff again, its normal, if you disable stuf in ck, then pull it down under the ground

next time ck will not show it

if you delete stuff, and run fo4edit to delete=disable, ck will show it also again, the only way to prevent ck to show it again, pull it under the ground

So...if I want to have an empty sanctuary hills, in order for me build my settlement mod on that place, I have to move everything underground or it will still show up in the game and in creation kit?