Terran Vampires REVIVED

Urko

I haven't played many newer games apart from the Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but from what I have played I'd say the thing that affected me the most was Celes' attempted suicide after the end of the world in Final Fantasy 6. Here's a video of the scene.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRi-PkfWB6g

Oh and I've not been on here in a long, long time. I got pre-occupied by Skyrim, so I have no idea how much progress has been made towards the completion of this mod. But I think I'm burnt out on Skyrim and am ready to come back to Oblivion for a while. :happy:

Edited by LaKitty

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played many newer games apart from the Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but from what I have played I'd say the thing that affected me the most was Celes' attempted suicide after the end of the world in Final Fantasy 6. Here's a video of the scene.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRi-PkfWB6g

Oh and I've not been on here in a long, long time. I got pre-occupied by Skyrim, so I have no idea how much progress has been made towards the completion of this mod. But I think I'm burnt out on Skyrim and am ready to come back to Oblivion for a while. :happy:

I'm guessing there was a lot of sympathy there. Especially when you have connected with the character. The video made me remember when I saw someone close to me attempt suicide, so even though I have never played FF in my life I still found it quite touching.

I've taken the hint, so the quest I have been working on will focus a little more on the tragedy that surrounds it. It might add a little more depth, moral ambiguity, etc.

Oh, and apparently Bethesda have pulled their finger out and are making an effort to improve vampires in Skyrim in their Dawnguard DLC. Not quite Volkihar yet, but becoming a large, winged bat at will would suit me. In fact, I tried to get something similar for one of the possible morphs in this mod, but I couldn't get anything quite right. Maybe when this is released and has made a name for itself, someone will make the perfect morph for me :)

I haven't tried Skyrim yet, but the vampire system sounds terrible. It will be good to know something better is on its way.

Definitely not years 8)

We had a timetable, but half of us left and those who remained drastically underestimated what was left to be done. Then they all left too, leaving just me :)

Ive learned that cutting out tonnes of promised content just to meet deadlines is a bad idea. Just ask Peter Molyneux.

Kidding, dont hurt me people :/

So I decided just to do what work I can, whenever I can, and release it when I feel that it meets expectations. With Dabigone on the team, that may just be a little sooner ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A friend told me about the Skyrim DLC. Definitely an improvement ;)

I feel really bad for keeping you all waiting for a year now. There have been a lot of setbacks, and Ive been screwed over by a few people while developing this mod. People who I made the mistake of relying on.

Still, its the summer holidays. No school and not much work for a while. That means Terran Vampires can get a lot more of my attention :)

EDIT:: I found a way to view all the old pics - on the Mod Talk page, just left of the name of this thread is an attachment icon. Click on it and you can see all 28 of the old pictures. :)

Edited by WarRatsG

The core mechanics are pretty much done. There are still a lot of bugs from the original that I'm still trying to work out, a lot of streamlines that are now possible with advances in OBSE. A lot of dialogue also has to be made, but I'm just waiting on Dabigone for that. We're both busy people ;)

But right now, I am focussing on the first quest we've made for you. Before, it was basically a dungeon crawl with a few twists, but I am trying to turn it into a much more cinematic experience, hopefully incorporating some of the things I've learned from the market research :)

Ok. Good luck with the quest. I hope I will get that damn creation kit to work. But if I get it to work I will probably have to start all over again.

It's fine, take all the time you need ;)

I'll see if I can get more pics of the quest for you all. I put up quite only 4 last time, because my quota ran out and it won't let me upload anymore pictures. Ever. :mellow:

Anyway, here are the originals

By the way, making the ghosts naked was not my idea - it was meant to add to the insanity/distress element of their character. I've dressed them up since then, I'll get you an updated screenie soon ;)

The post itself can be found back a few pages, during the mythical time of release dates :P

We lost a lot of work around then (see how people say always back up your work? They mean it) but that was probably a good thing because without a time limit we could pay a lot more attention to fine detail. Sure it's taken 3 times as long to get back to where we were, but I think it's probably 10 times better than it would have been ;)

Edited by WarRatsG