CTD when Scrapping / storing in Sanctuary, help required!

Samurok

Does everyone happen to be using War of The Common Wealth mod? I love the mod personally, but It started giving me issues. I was playing fine (other than being unable to touch my electrical systems in Sanctuary) but randomly I tried to load a save where I happened to be at Bunker Hill and it would ctd before loading. I disabled all mods and it loaded fine. Major pita since I have around 195 mods running, but I weeded out War of The Common Wealth. With it disabled I was able to load into my save where I was at Bunker Hill. A few days later I enabled WOTC since I was away from Bunker Hill and the game played fine for a few days.

Then randomly I started getting the ctd when trying to teleport into Sanctuary. I tried running from Abernathy and It would ctd when getting close to Sanctuary. Remembering Bunker Hill I disabled WOTC and I was able to get back to Sanctuary with zero issues. Just for giggles I tried adding a new generator....success. So I went back to all of the old generators, switches, and lights that would ctd me earlier and everything is all cleared up.....

I have read also that sometimes Sanctuary can start ctd depending on quest order or completion. In between my initial ctd and now seemingly stable gameplay I did complete a few quests however they did not involve Mankind Redefined as noted above. As a side note, I tried the portal mod trick as explained above and it did not help my situation. Really hopes this helps someone.

tldr: Try disabling the "War of The Common Wealth" mod or possibly other mods that change npc spawns or spawn points.

Edited by troubles78

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey just wanted to ask, if there are any solutions out...

cuz i still don't have one....

For the CIT area glitches, try this:

https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/17804/cyberpunkshadow-s-greenetech-fix

For the Sanctuary glitch, just don't use Sanctuary as a main settlement or store important stuff there. It's so glitchy it's not even worth the time to fix it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I got crash problems in Sanctuary Hills too. Is it possible, that console commands cause the crash issues? I used codes like tfc and tm, cause i need better snapshots about the game. So after i used the codes, and saved the game the problems in Sanctuary Hills started. I couldn´t scrap, or move objects to the workshop anymore. The game crashed on and on.

I noticed my older save games work fine. I can scrap in S. H. whatever i want. I worked on Settlements, at that time. Didn´t use the two codes so much. Now my guess is, once we use codes and save. The save game might corrupt, and the game crash if we scrap items. I wonder if that is true?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peeps,

I'm having the same issue but in Zimonja Outpost, whenever i try to store/scrap the electric doodadie that is clamped to a roof, the game crashes. It's the only place in game so far where this happens. Note that i only used vanilla structures/funitures in this settlement. Tried with & without Place everywhere mod (disabled clamped object storing) , tried moving the object around then scrapping/storing, nothing works, it just goes CTD every tries. If anyone have a clue,here are the Mods i use :

Unnoficial Fallout 4 Patch
True Storms
DarkerNights
Enhanced Blood
CBBE
Looksmenu
KSHairdos
AzarPonytails
Homemaker
Snap'n'build windows
Settlement Expanded
Gruffyd's Signs & Posters
Business Settlements
DX Commonwealth & Vault Girl shorts
Better Cooking station
Better Settlers + Beautiful Settlers
Functional Display
Usable Cigarettes
Quietter Settlements
Settlement management software
Shaikuijin's better warnings for settlements
Videos of the wasteland
Lore Friendly posters

If I find a fix i'll post it here

EDIT : Found the culprit, it was Homemaker, even though i had Settlement Keywords Expanded Installed. Seems like this issue can also occur with a mod called OCD something decorator if you don't have SKE installed. I read that Homemaker 1.4 wasnt updated or something... so just uninstalled it & i could scrap clamped & power conduit with no issues. I also installed LOOT for load orders & it's now working like a charm, hope it helps

Edited by SuperSigDeluxe

• 2 weeks later...

There is no shortage of ways to make FO4 crash.

As far as I can tell, the best way to sort out why you're crashing is to use FO4Edit and resolve all of the conflicts between your mods.

However, there are many crashes that are tied right to the Creation Engine, and revolve around the engine's inability to process large volumes of shadows.

It's pointless to try to debug the 3D engine itself. Believe me, I've tried. The best advice I can give is that even with dual 1080s, you can't run the game with uGrids greater than 5 and fade distances greater than 5000 if you have bUseCombinedObjects disabled. Which basically means that you can't use scrapping mods at greater than medium resolution settings, even with top-end hardware.

You have been warned.

• 2 months later...

I am also having this problem, only at Red Rocket. I do have one other thing to contribute though. This problem only manifests for me AFTER I complete Mankind Redefined. I have loaded an old save, had everything work properly, and then after completing the quest again, had everything CTD whenever I scrap or store an item in the workshop.

Is anyone else around this quest as well?

I know I am quoting an old post here, but this is where I started to ctd when scrapping as well. What gives?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...