Would you vote for a fraud

kvnchrist

Would you vote for a person who's voting history clearly is contradictory of your values just because he was from the party you supported, if it meant that the other party would control one of the houses of congress, if he was not elected.

Anyone yojur referring to? Rather hard to hod a "debate" with no sides to support.p

-Pyros

Anyone yojur referring to? Rather hard to hod a "debate" with no sides to support.p

-Pyros

In a nutshell, I'm asking if you would vote for a person who you know won't actually vote the way you want him to, just to keep one house or the other under your parties control. I don't care what side you back.

Would you vote for a person who's voting history clearly is contradictory of your values just because he was from the party you supported, if it meant that the other party would control one of the houses of congress, if he was not elected.

I think the premise presupposes that control of Congress is the paramount issue for the voter. I am a died in the wool conservative but have voted for numerous moderates that the radical wing of the party held in contempt, it all depends on how you view the party that your affiliate yourself with. The political parties are supposed to represent you not the other way around. Though if this individual was the one seat short of regaining the majority it would then depend on how his total record is seen, not just a contradictory voting record. If a congressperson or senator does not have a mind of their own then they are of little value in governing, a party lackey is a poor sole qualification for office.

No. my vote is always for the individual and his/her positions. If

(s)he is true to the values in which I believe I don't really care which party (s)he supports or how it will affect the control of either of the houses of Congress. At this point, in my opinion, both parties are pretty much the same anyway.

-Pyros

In a nutshell, I'm asking if you would vote for a person who you know won't actually vote the way you want him to, just to keep one house or the other under your parties control. I don't care what side you back.

Oh! Well in that case no, its stupid and irresponsible to vote for some one simply to say "I voted for the X party candidate."

I do think a large amount of Americans vote in their party they think they belong in, even though they know nothing of their candidate.

The best thing to do is vote for someone who shares your views and ideals.

No real point in voting these days, both parties do the same crap. Personally speaking everyone should sit on their butt's come election day.

....and how does our government function? Who will be in charge? Not voting is a waste of your rights earned by the blood of patriots, and if no one voted then we are giving away our freedom.

(Double post, can't edit post on mobile Nexus)

No real point in voting these days, both parties do the same crap. Personally speaking everyone should sit on their butt's come election day.

....and how does our government function? Who will be in charge? Not voting is a waste of your rights earned by the blood of patriots, and if no one voted then we are giving away our freedom.

Absolutely correct, it makes a mockery of all those who sacrificed so much to make sure we are free enough to be able to vote. If you don't vote then don't complain when your point of view is not represented in government.

Edited by Aurielius

Absolutely correct, it makes a mockery of all those who sacrificed so much to make sure we are free enough to be able to vote. If you don't vote then don't complain when your point of view is not represented in government.

Mockery? My Great Grandfather fought both World War's and was sorely unimpressed and bitter at how the government worked, If you didn't jump on the bandwagon of the major parties your voice, your opinion was worth crap all. Blind zealotry to a cause, a government or otherwise ends up giving the illusion of being free or even right in that matter, but in all actuality they'll do whatever they please and go on with their day. Basically if your not with the masses you might as well disappear into the mountains or lie outright to everyone you meet.