Any safehouses less slummy than megaton, but still belivable?

Geoff741

In fallout 3 magaton house pretty much looks like it's a squat for someone with massive drug problems. I mean I know it's post apocalypse, but you're character is an educated and resourseful person, it seems silly I can't, for example, bugger off to springvale school and drag back some decent lockers, or salvage some bedding from greyditch, or a matress from the talon hideout on the way there, or salvage some tin from super dooper mart and patch up all the holes in my house, maybe drag home a footlocker or two. It's silly that with a repair of 100 I can keep a 400 year old rifle in pristine condition but I can't do some minor repairs and upgrades to the house.

I've seen some amazing looking modifications to the megaton house but they don't fit into my playstle as they often turn what should be little more than a shed into basicly a mansion or with a huge vault underground. And while again, they do look awesome and well beyond what I will ever be able to manage once I try my hand at modding (if my game ever gets here) they just don't feel realistic. If megaton really had a house like that i'm sure it wouldn't be empty till I got there. The fact the only high tech robot butler in town is idling away in an empty house till I get hold of it also bothers me, but I figure I can find a mod or use a console command get get rid of him :P

How hard would it be for an amateur to make it so Walter (for example) could offer small upgrades to your house when you find certain things. EG 40 scrap metal and the walls could have all the holes patched. Tag an unowned bed in certain areas and I could move it to my house, tag some lockers or footlockers and I could get them moved in etc, for a fee of course.

Failing that, how hard would it be to just replace existing items with ones that look better, and remove stupid stuff like the stupid machine right next to the door. A bookcase I could understand, but what is that? looks like a super computer or sonar equipment

I hate to toot my own horn but I'm gonna. Check out the Lore House (that is the Megaton player home) or the 101 safehouse that sits below the Megaton Jail. The floors have been swept in both of them and neither can be considered extravagant. And Wadsworth and his computer rack are gone in the Megaton Lore_Friendly home. Both are located (along with the rest of my stuff) here:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16201

• 3 weeks later...