Hardcore Mode???

GodlyHen

Forgive me if this topic has already been covered, but i really think Bethesda should put in hardcore mode like in New Vegas. With it, you could have your character go out and essentially live out in the wild where to survive, he/she must hunt and sleep and hope a dragon doesnt attack while he/she sleeps 0.0 But yea, whether you choose to live in the wild or not, this would be an overall cool feature. Its not like they've never done it before either ;D So post here what you guys think too? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know they haven't announced such a thing, but it's very possible. I believe it was include in FNV in response to all the hunger/thirst mods from Oblivion to Fallout, the same reason they did modkits, all we can do is hope it is- and hope it's optional incase it's unbalanced again.

yeah i figured it was just something to hope for. but bethesda is really really good at what they do and they check up on their community. so we shall see :D

The majority of new features in Bethesda games going from Morrowind to present day have been largely influenced by popular mods from big to littler things like living economy/harvest containers which passed from Obv to FO3. It does make sense to allow an option to 'live' in the game but it will come down to whether they feel it fits and would contribute to the base game.

Hopefully it will but as with most thing on this forum at the moment, it is only speculation until the game comes out. I personally hope it's included. Skyrim has the best chance at having that feature included than any of the previous titles, but although Todd may want it in its not guarenteed. The same goes for pole arms/spears.

The game will be awesome anyway and every feature they do for the base game saves a couple of 100 hours modding time for the nexus community, cos if Bethesda won't- they will!

Well ever since I heard about the cooking skill I thought that maybe there will be a hardcore mode like new vegas but then again I think if there was they might already mention it and they didn´t so I´m not counting on it.Todd said that cooking food will make it better like for exemple a raw horcker meat gives like 5 health and a cooked horcker meat gives 10 health.I would love to see hardcore mode from new vegas implemented to skyrim. Edited by scot

i would like to be able to customize features in it if it gets added.

Honestly if you get too tired it should do more then screwing stats. It should make your screen blurry if its really bad, and if its even worse you should stumble a bit due to weakness.

Some with hunger, you should stumble if your too hungry.

Basically I would like to see more animation effects like that with the new engine instead of just messing up stats.

Being able to drink water from lakes, puddles, pitchers in taverns, etc. would be a good addition. Also opens some nice possibilities for poison-based assassinationshttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wink.gif