Can't remove Boots of the Crusader

jcd1993

Hey, I've kinda shot myself in the foot here... (there are some spoilers below for those of you that haven't done KOTN)

During the KOTN questline (after the vision following the pilgrimage) I created a copy of Pelinal Whitestrake as he walked away just to see what would happen, and thought nothing of it; then when I came back to finish off Umaril, he was still there and in fact started fighting Umaril himself (very strange to watch). I was a bit surprised to see him there, and as I'm using the Enhanced Daedric Invasion mod and can tell any NPC to follow me, I did just that on him.

Anyway I got bored of him and so took his set of armor so I could put it on a stand (stupid mistake), now I can't remove the boots as for some reason they are marked as a quest item. I've tried using the console command "player.removeitem 2201000ECF 1" but it isn't working, I can add another pair "player.additem 2201000ECF 1" and remove that same pair easy enough, but I cannot get rid of the original pair that I took off him!

For some reason I'm unable to save the .esp file after unmarking them as a quest item, so that idea is out the window. I've also tried using the droppable quest item mod, but that didn't work on them either!

If there is any possible way I could get rid of them I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me!

Thanks