Will the "Real Energy Weapons" Please stand up?

nemtek

Okay modding community, here's my request. First off hats off to all of your talent, capability and hard work. But ever since Fallout 3 to this latest Fallout 4, in my observation the ratio of Energy Weapons to conventional ballistic weapon mods is sorely lacking. There are so many AK-47's M4's Berettas, M1911's that Fallout is becoming another Call Of Duty wasteland edition. This game takes place hundreds of years in the future so where are the energy weapons? The vanilla energy weapons imo are just hideous worthy of pure eye sores. They're clunky and bulky looking and their 1st person view models take up a lot of screen real estate blocking a good chunk of your vision. There are a few energy weapon mods on the nexus but they're either re-skins of the vanilla ones or just as bulky and ugly looking.

I challenge the weapon modders out there to make some sexy, sleek and uber bad ass energy weapons. Now that the CK is officially out the only limits for the most part is your imagination. So I humble request some more love and attention to the Energy Weapons R&D Division of the Modding Community and lets start appealing the Plasma Spazzers and Laser Commanders out there in The Commonwealth! Below are some concepts I pulled of the net to give any prospective weapon modder an idea of what I'm asking for.

Got some coming. A couple are remakes, and a couple are new.

http://i.imgur.com/aUD6lR9.png

http://i.imgur.com/dz6P70d.png

Okay modding community, here's my request. First off hats off to all of your talent, capability and hard work. But ever since Fallout 3 to this latest Fallout 4, in my observation the ratio of Energy Weapons to conventional ballistic weapon mods is sorely lacking. There are so many AK-47's M4's Berettas, M1911's that Fallout is becoming another Call Of Duty wasteland edition. This game takes place hundreds of years in the future so where are the energy weapons? The vanilla energy weapons imo are just hideous worthy of pure eye sores. They're clunky and bulky looking and their 1st person view models take up a lot of screen real estate blocking a good chunk of your vision. There are a few energy weapon mods on the nexus but they're either re-skins of the vanilla ones or just as bulky and ugly looking.

I challenge the weapon modders out there to make some sexy, sleek and uber bad ass energy weapons. Now that the CK is officially out the only limits for the most part is your imagination. So I humble request some more love and attention to the Energy Weapons R&D Division of the Modding Community and lets start appealing the Plasma Spazzers and Laser Commanders out there in The Commonwealth! Below are some concepts I pulled of the net to give any prospective weapon modder an idea of what I'm asking for.

Those guns are gorgeous that you linked, I'd use those right now if they were in game lol. Could even call the mod, "Energy Weapons R&D", to borrow the phrase you used :D Could have a quest tied in where you find out there was an Institute or Brotherhood or Enclave facility that was working on experimental new energy weapons, and the buildings lockdown protocol finally ran out of auxillary power, allowing people to get in the building. This may have caused a bunch of the weapons to get distributed around the Commonwealth by traders and scavengers who found the building. You can then travel to the building to learn some lore and history about the place, and even unlock a hidden storage room with a bunch of ammo and locked up, "unique", variants of the weapons that no one else has, and there are only one of, so you have to make sure not to get rid of them. It kinda gives me a whole different take on the Gun Runners Arsenal type of vibe.

• 4 years later...

Were these ever made and released? The look really good.