Left wing hypocrisy on Obama

marharth

I really dont like Obama..and to be honest he is n o t h i n g like either of the Bushes...

Agreed. He isn't, though I do think he was very idealistic and when the reality set in, combined with the fact that the Republicans are doing all they can to ensure he doesn't get a second term--no matter the cost to the country--just because their guy didn't win or whatever their crappy reason for biting off their noses to spite their faces is.

Well its not that we are mad because our guy did not win. It the fact that Obama ALONE in his first term has put the US in debt with 4 trillion dollars! Just him and all the thigs he has done with his term!! I mean come on..can you blame us for not wanting him to get reelected??? and plus his last adress to the nation was childish! and not to mintion that the Republicans are trying to work with him..but Obama walked out of one metting just because he didnt like the perposal that the Rpublicans made.He is acts like child! SO hell no we dont want him reelected..and the Republicans are doing all that we can to make sure our country does not go into more debt. All Obama is doing now...is trying to get the votes for his next term. He dose not give a rats behinde about the future of America. He talks about how the rich should give to the poor and how if he can forfit his salary then others should too...altho he is making millions off of a book he DINDT even write! I maean come on! HE's a dirt-bag. ANd Im not saying this because hes mixed...because Im not rasist...hes jsut got no position being a prezzie.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont like Obama..and to be honest he is n o t h i n g like either of the Bushes...

Agreed. He isn't, though I do think he was very idealistic and when the reality set in, combined with the fact that the Republicans are doing all they can to ensure he doesn't get a second term--no matter the cost to the country--just because their guy didn't win or whatever their crappy reason for biting off their noses to spite their faces is.

Well its not that we are mad because our guy did not win. It the fact that Obama ALONE in his first term has put the US in debt with 4 trillion dollars! Just him and all the thigs he has done with his term!! I mean come on..can you blame us for not wanting him to get reelected??? and plus his last adress to the nation was childish! and not to mintion that the Republicans are trying to work with him..but Obama walked out of one metting just because he didnt like the perposal that the Rpublicans made.He is acts like child! SO hell no we dont want him reelected..and the Republicans are doing all that we can to make sure our country does not go into more debt. All Obama is doing now...is trying to get the votes for his next term. He dose not give a rats behinde about the future of America. He talks about how the rich should give to the poor and how if he can forfit his salary then others should too...altho he is making millions off of a book he DINDT even write! I maean come on! HE's a dirt-bag. ANd Im not saying this because hes mixed...because Im not rasist...hes jsut got no position being a prezzie.

Obama is a lot like Bush, and Obama did not put us in four trillion dollars of debt. That debt already existed before he took office, he just hasn't done anything to fix it.

Obama isn't a strong president, and commonly agrees to anything republicans want. This includes tax cuts, war, cutting entitlement programs, leaving gitmo open, and failure on a new healthcare system.

Hes making millions off a book he didn't even write... Like a ton of other politicians on the left and the right wing?

The rich shouldn't always give to the poor, but the poor shouldn't give to the rich either.

Obama is a lot like Bush, and Obama did not put us in four trillion dollars of debt. That debt already existed before he took office, he just hasn't done anything to fix it.

Obama isn't a strong president, and commonly agrees to anything republicans want. This includes tax cuts, war, cutting entitlement programs, leaving gitmo open, and failure on a new healthcare system.

Hes making millions off a book he didn't even write... Like a ton of other politicians on the left and the right wing?

The rich shouldn't always give to the poor, but the poor shouldn't give to the rich either.

1). When Obama entered into office we were in debt with about 10 trillion dollars..now its 14 trillion dollars... this is in 2011: http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html now go back to 2008: (this is when he took office) http://www.usdebtclock.org/2008.html

2.) And yes he does what the Republicans want. And that is a good thing. I mean do you even know what gitmo is?? You should be glad he didnt close that down.And now he really needs to listen to the Republicans even more...before he kills America.

3 and 4.) I agree with both of these statements. Altho, your taking the book part way out of context. I was refering to how it would be easy to give up his salary because he has that book sales plus his sales.But with some of the Senets and Congressmen those millions they get off thier books is all they have. They dont have a $200,000 salary to give up. If we go with what Obama wants..there will be higher taxes on the middle class. and The retierment funds will start to dwindle on every one. Every thing Obama wants to do will hurt America more so. This is not an easy task for any one in Politics.

1). When Obama entered into office we were in debt with about 10 trillion dollars..now its 14 trillion dollars... this is in 2011: http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html now go back to 2008: (this is when he took office) http://www.usdebtclock.org/2008.html

2.) And yes he does what the Republicans want. And that is a good thing. I mean do you even know what gitmo is?? You should be glad he didnt close that down.And now he really needs to listen to the Republicans even more...before he kills America.

3 and 4.) I agree with both of these statements. Altho, your taking the book part way out of context. I was refering to how it would be easy to give up his salary because he has that book sales plus his sales.But with some of the Senets and Congressmen those millions they get off thier books is all they have. They dont have a $200,000 salary to give up. If we go with what Obama wants..there will be higher taxes on the middle class. and The retierment funds will start to dwindle on every one. Every thing Obama wants to do will hurt America more so. This is not an easy task for any one in Politics.

I would put forth that the republicans are killing america with things like outsourcing, free trade, major tax breaks when the nation is seeing declining revenues, balancing the budget (sorta) on the backs of the poor, and middle class, cutting social programs when they are most needed, etc, etc, etc.......

Of course, the dems have been complicit in this behavior as well, we see two more wars going, Libya, and Yemen, the tax cuts are still in place, Obama is talking about a free trade agreement with south korea, etc. Trouble is, big business, the ones that benefit the most from these policies, have the most money, and can therefore pretty much dictate who gets elected, and who does not, by strategically spending campaign money, not to mention lobbyists..... The people might elect the leaders, but, corporate america owns them.

I would put forth that the republicans are killing america with things like outsourcing, free trade, major tax breaks when the nation is seeing declining revenues, balancing the budget (sorta) on the backs of the poor, and middle class, cutting social programs when they are most needed, etc, etc, etc.......

Of course, the dems have been complicit in this behavior as well, we see two more wars going, Libya, and Yemen, the tax cuts are still in place, Obama is talking about a free trade agreement with south korea, etc. Trouble is, big business, the ones that benefit the most from these policies, have the most money, and can therefore pretty much dictate who gets elected, and who does not, by strategically spending campaign money, not to mention lobbyists..... The people might elect the leaders, but, corporate america owns them.

you make very good points.

Its American to leave a camp open that tortures prisoners and has prisoners captured without trial?

Debt builds up over the years due to certain programs. The four trillion added was just part of the past programs that added to the debt. Obama had nothing to do with it.

Obama wants lower taxes on the rich from what I have seen. What he claims though is that he wants to tax the upper class more. The retirement funds will be completely gone if the republicans got their way.

"Its American to leave a camp open that tortures prisoners and has prisoners captured without trial?"

Classic Marhathism.....Guantanamo has never tortured anyone , a military tribunal is a trial in times of war. Do you just pull these pull these facts out of thin air ? If you can prove otherwise then you must have a really high security clearance, so once again you present spurious opinion as fact.

Erm, isn't water boarding torture? I suppose, according to our government it isn't, but then, according to our government, the economy is doing ok..... sure doesn't look that way from where I am sitting.

And then we have Al Hakim, A'Del Abdu. Captured in 2001, determined to be innocent, yet still detained...... So, holding folks for YEARS, with NO due process whatsoever is american? Holding folks we know are innocent? How long are we going to hang on to these folks? Till the 'war' is over???? That ain't gonna happen, this war will NEVER be over, until one side, or the other, are all dead.

I think the problem folks have with this is, it was another campaign promise that he didn't live up to.

"Its American to leave a camp open that tortures prisoners and has prisoners captured without trial?"

Classic Marhathism.....Guantanamo has never tortured anyone , a military tribunal is a trial in times of war. Do you just pull these pull these facts out of thin air ? If you can prove otherwise then you must have a really high security clearance, so once again you present spurious opinion as fact.

Refer to HeyYou's post.

I find it surprising you had no idea that was going on. I thought it was well known that they are doing water boarding as well as holding prisoners for no reason. Sorry to say, but this is just a case of you not knowing the facts and assuming that it is my opinion.

Besides the main point of this topic is to discuss why people still support Obama, and I have yet to see a compelling argument from any Obama supporters.

Ok, time out folks. I have been reading this thread for some time now. I read the OP, and decided that I had better stay out of this one... But as it has progressed, and not surprisingly gone somewhat off topic, I have become increasingly bemused at some of the comments made by otherwise apparently (in most cases) intelligent members of our group.

First of all, may I say this: The left wing is no more hypocritical than the right wing. Let's face it, this is politics. Not my cup of tea, but there you are. I will try to couch everything in terms that will not get me thrown off this forum, but it will not be easy...

The country suffered through 8 years under the administration of Mr. Bush and his cronies. He left us in the worst possible position of any president before him. Mr. Obama has had to pick up the pieces and attempt to make a new start. I have so much I would like to say about how and why Mr. Bush did the things that he did, but I am not going to do so, as that is not the topic of this thread.

I will say this first, I am not 100% in accord with what Mr. Obama has accomplished during his first term. However, I never expected to be. He took on a monumental task, and he, and most of the rest of the country expected too much of him. He promised too much, and then lost focus.

1. He promised a Healthcare bill, and the only way he could provide one was to push through a weakened one that a Republican congress would allow. We all know that the insurance industry is never going to let us have decent healthcare until we get rid of their lobbyists. As we all should know by now corporate America (including those insurance companies) are basically running this country.

2. My understanding (which I admit is limited on this one) is that the tax cuts are meant to lead to deficit reduction in the long term and will lead to reducing some of the tax preferences that have been in existence forever.

3. Yes, he did get us into another war. I do not have anything to say in support of that. As far as putting more troops in Iraq, we are already there, and I am not a strategist. I do believe there needs to be a certain strategy to moving them out. In general, I am not in support of war, and I heartily disagree with the reasoning behind our being there in the first place. You would have to speak with the prior administration about that one.

4. If he is going to support a bill giving cuts to entitlement programs, I do not know which ones or why, and would need more information.

5. I do not believe that he has been against gay marriage for awhile, and do not know where you come by that information. Do you have proof of this?

I am a liberal, and I support this president because he is our president and I am a patriotic American. Believe it or not I am a liberal and I supported George W. Bush because he was our president for the very same reason. I just did not happen to vote for him.