Problem importing RAW heightmap into L3DT

123dirk456

Hi there, yea i'm totally new at this , wondering if anyone can help? I am following a tutorial "From L3DT to Skyrim" by TambO(tambomedia) anyway i cannot import the heightmap back into L3DT i get the following error:

CL3DTio_RAW_HF::LoadMapFile error:
- fseek failed for file 'C:\new1 big.raw'

i have looked up this fseek error but can't make heads or tails about it.

In the tutorial you have to tile the map using photoshop or any program that can handle RAW format

pasting your heightmap on a canvas three times the map size i'm using a map 16384x16384

after tiling ending up with a 4.5 gig file, you crop this down later on anyway the error occurs when i try

to import the map back into L3DT after tiling it, maybe file is too big? i hope not.

so please can any of you clever people assist me?

Hard to say what might be causing this.

Just make sure that you have merged all layers in PS and save as a Photoshop RAW 16bit image and selected IBM and 0 header.

L3DT can easily handle 16384x16384 RAW files, but it will take a while to load it. Not even sure how you end up with a map size of 16384x16384. 3 x 4096 gives a map size of 12288 x 12288

Also make sure you are importing the heightmap correctly. Check your settings against the tutorial settings, changing minimum and maximum height to match your own original map.

**If you wat to, you can zip up your original project files or heightmap and upload them somewhere, then PM me and I'll take a look.

Edited by Tamb0

aah. the man himself,good.it was actually an error in the current version of L3DT, it's fixed now. my next question is how did you measure the map to centre it on the X-axe? i dont have those co-ordinates is it something you did yourself or something i have to enable to show the co-ordinates? sorry like i said i'm new to this and still have alot to learn.

Glad you got it working. You inspired me to go check the new version. Yummy....64bit version :)

I saw your post on the L3DT forum and downloaded the fix as well.