ED-E Both Upgrades

Cyberweasel89

Okay, ED-E has two sets of data in its databanks. Information on Poseidon Energy, and information on the Eyebot Duraframe models.

The Brotherhood of Steel only want the Eyebot Duraframe information.

The Followers of the Apocalypse only want the Poseidon Energy information.

So why can't you give each faction their respective information to get both weapon and armor upgrades for ED-E?

who says the have to get the info with high enough science you can downloan to disk and had to each of them

Dont mess with the ED

Nice to see other people see it makes sense, too.

It'd be simple to give ED-E both upgrades. Just use the armor upgrade ED-E and give it the weapon stats of the weapon upgrade ED-E. I know weapon upgrade ED-E has a different zapper, but unless we have someone with modeling skill who can put the weapon upgrade zapper onto the armor upgrade ED-E, it'll have to do.

The real concern is the ending. It would mean both the BoS and FotA endings for ED-E would have to be combined. I suppose we could enable both of them to appear at the ending, but then it'd say ED-E became a constant companion to the Courier twice.

Any ideas? Or anyone with enough modding skill to pull this off?

Nice to see other people see it makes sense, too.

It'd be simple to give ED-E both upgrades. Just use the armor upgrade ED-E and give it the weapon stats of the weapon upgrade ED-E. I know weapon upgrade ED-E has a different zapper, but unless we have someone with modeling skill who can put the weapon upgrade zapper onto the armor upgrade ED-E, it'll have to do.

The real concern is the ending. It would mean both the BoS and FotA endings for ED-E would have to be combined. I suppose we could enable both of them to appear at the ending, but then it'd say ED-E became a constant companion to the Courier twice.

Any ideas? Or anyone with enough modding skill to pull this off?

Uhm... If you are talking about changing the quest to allow for both endings. That is way outside of my skills. But, if you simply want ede with both upgrades. That is very easy to do. Just change both versions of ede to have both upgrades. So, regardless of who you decide to go with. Both ede's will be the same.

Hmm... I suppose that'll do it. Any way you can do that, Raverbane?

My earlier idea was to swap the upgrades. The Followers upgrade armor and the Brotherhood upgrades weapons. The reason is that I always preferred ED-E's armor upgrade for its appearance and effects, but the ending for the Followers is much more my playing style. But then I realized... why not both? It's two sets of data, isn't it?

Edited by Cyberweasel89

The two different upgrades are two different critters in the GECK. Simple enough to copy the weapon to the BoS and the armor to the FoA. I am surprised there isnt a mod that hasnt already done this on the nexus. I know there are a ton of ed-e mods. Did you look?

Yes, I did look. I know what it's like to have annoying noobs on a forum. I always research a mod idea extensively before I request it.

Funny enough, it turns out a lot of my requests haven't been done before. And I make a lot of requests.

In my other topic, as far as I could find only two mods affected the Legionary Assassins. One only leveled down their equipment. The other actually fixed instances where they wouldn't respawn. No one has made a mod that prevents them from respawning after killed in a given location, or a mod that removes them entirely. So annoying. And they killed Fitz, so I can't complete Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup.