Looking for an experienced modder to have a look at a .nif

Sorry, I don't use Blender so I can't speak to which export settings for .obj should be used for importing into outfit studio - but this would seem to be likely where the issue is.

Are you making sure to export the .nif or save it without skin data? In Outfit Studio, navigate to Shape → Properties → Geometry and make sure the box 'Skinned' is blank before exporting.

Nope, I wasn't aware of the "Skinned" thing, but I just tried it and it didn't fix the issue. Good to know for the future though. And yea, I'm sure the issue stems from something done incorrectly during the Blender stage. I'll do some research on that and see if I can get it working. Thanks a lot for your help :)

I really appreciate that, and I'll go ahead and take you up on that this time. But i'm gonna have to get this down eventually, or I'm gonna have a short modding career :/

Ok, i'm not seeing an option to attach it to this reply, so i'll just attach it to my original post. Thanks a lot : )

OK, that's weird. Even when creating the nif in max and just replacing the BSTriShade of another nif the CK crashes. So your problem is most likely somewhere in Blender. Can't really help you then, as I only did a few simple static objects in Blender...

There's a simple answer to why it's crashing. As well as a simple fix. To be straight to the point it's because the CK is looking for a text string that doesn't exist. If you look at your BSTriShape node the Name references string 66 which doesn't exist in the string list. String references in NifSkope start at 0.

You can simply reference it to another. I've opted to rename one of the strings (currently unused so it's safe) to follow Bethesda's naming scheme. Then updated the node to use that string. You could also just right click on the name and enter a new one which will generate a new string if needed.

Working

I can't speak as to whether it works in game or not as I didn't actually make an esp to go test it, but I didn't see anything else that stood out as a problem.

Edited by BigAndFlabby

Holy bajeezus. I can't believe I missed that. When I exported the .nif with outfit studio it had a bunch of body part ninodes attached to it, so that was just a leftover reference from that.

Thanks so much. As many times as I overlooked that, I'm not sure I would have ever noticed it.