Vanilla to Custom Dunmer PC

Hey guys. I've been running this idea in my head for a while now. I want to change my Dunmer PC from just a regular vanilla Dunmer into one with a few of my personal touches, namely tattoos. I get tired of seeing all other Dunmer males with my tattoos, as they are supposed to be unique to my PC. Anyways, I was wondering if it was possible to create a Custom Race that has all the traits of a vanilla Dunmer, and is still greeted and affects quests as a Dunmer. I've seen a few custom Dunmer that seem to work like this, but I only play tested a couple of those. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :D

Darkedge

Not sure what the name of the mod is, but someone made a method to have different facial features (scars/tattoo) dependent on your age slider. Would that be what you're after?

No, not really. What I want to do is make a custom race that has all the traits and abilities of a Dunmer, and where he/she is greeted as a Dunmer and affects quests as that race, like Boethia's. I can do all the other personalization myself. :P I just want to know if there is a way to do this.

You can, just duplicate the Dark Elf race and make your changes. You'll want to change CharGenTaunt2 for Valen Dreth under Coversations in Dialogue. (use ValenDreth in the filter.) Just add a check for your copied race and check the OR box.

As for the Boethia quest I think it's in the script...

Edited by ziitch

Oh good, that's what I suggested in Chat, ziitch, except I thought either the Custom race fix might solve it or UOP, which he said he has, but I was not sure, and yours seems a better solution. Would the Custom race fix or UOP have solved it?