Mods installed and enabled via NMM, but not showing up ingame

Testosterpwned

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I must be doing something wrong Damanding, tried both and still it wont work. items load but cant be seen. Strange thing is that the one downloaded from Bethesda work fine.

Ah, did you remember to change the ini settings to enable loose file mods to work? All mods uploaded to Bethesda are required to be packed in archives but nexus allows loose file mods. http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

Hi guys. I'm having the same issue:

• Fallout 4 deleted and reinstalled from scratch
  • opened / closed the game
  • edited ini files like in the guides
  • re-downloaded and installed NMM
  • re-downloaded and installed/activated my plugins/mods
  • not all of that mods are active in the game
  • the non active mods, don't appears in "plugins.txt" file, like if they are not correctly installed, but green V in NMM is visible and they look correctly installed

What can I do to fix ?

Also some active mods are not working correctly, for example I use "True Storms" and some times big storms come and are amazing,

BUT, sometimes there is a buggy graphic in one specific type of storm that is all-white and makes it impossible to see.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845322224

Hi guys. I'm having the same issue:

• Fallout 4 deleted and reinstalled from scratch
  • opened / closed the game
  • edited ini files like in the guides
  • re-downloaded and installed NMM
  • re-downloaded and installed/activated my plugins/mods
  • not all of that mods are active in the game
  • the non active mods, don't appears in "plugins.txt" file, like if they are not correctly installed, but green V in NMM is visible and they look correctly installed

What can I do to fix ?

Also some active mods are not working correctly, for example I use "True Storms" and some times big storms come and are amazing,

BUT, sometimes there is a buggy graphic in one specific type of storm that is all-white and makes it impossible to see.

Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845322224

The latest versions of NMM are really bad about not properly installing and activating mods. Unfortunately they've also stopped supporting it while they work on a new one from scratch. I suggest either switching to a somewhat older, more stable version of NMM or switching to Mod Organizer 2 which has recently started receiving support again with a new developer.

Basically my suggestion is to not use recent versions of NMM at all. In helping dozens of people troubleshoot these problems over the last couple of months I've discovered that in some rare situations manually verifying that all the files from the mod got installed isn't enough. NMM has its broken little fingers linked all over the place in a poor attempt at trying to use a virtual file system similar to Mod Organizer. The files don't actually directly get installed in the data directory (though you can manually install there), the files are actually installed in a separate NMM location. NMM then uses multiple different text files to keep track of itself and I still haven't managed to find them all and understand how they work properly (though I also haven't tried super hard).

When that system gets broken badly enough, as it may be for you both (Nokao and Axmire) then pretty much the only thing you can do at this point is to completely uninstall all mods and NMM. Use your Windows Programs utility to do the NMM uninstall. Make sure all traces are gone. I would even go so far as to delete the plugins.txt and all other text files from that same location (make a backup first, especially since you'll need the plugins.txt list to recreate your mod list to continue using your save game). Use the Fallout4Launcher to recreate the plugins.txt and other files needed. Have Steam verify cache. Then you can install either the older version of NMM or Mod Organizer. If you re-install all your mods that had an asterisk next to them in plugins.txt and sort them into the same load order then your save game that used those mods will still be playable.

I confirm that NMM, neither current version or 0.61, for me, was working.

I resolved all my problems with Mod Organizer,

and it's quite surprising to discover that all online guides are wrong .................

Online guides for what are wrong? The ini file changes? A lot of them are just outdated. Bethesda changed the way it needed to be done part way through last year. If you mean online guides for Mod Organizer, there are actually 2 versions though they are very similar. The one I suggested is called Mod Organizer 2, the original Mod Organizer doesn't work with Fallout 4.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mod organizer hasn't fixed my problem :( Had to do a full reinstall of steam, reinstalled Fallout 4 and my mods weren't working. Now they are showing as installed and in game I can see where the assets should be: e.g. the haircuts are all listed in the character menu but all I get is a buzzcut when I select them. Everything everyone has suggested in FAQs or forums doesn't seem to be working for me and I'm so close to losing my mind with it all. Anyone have a clue what could help?