ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Having problems using notepad++ as an editor

sh0ker

That looks like you don't have the Scripts.rar archive unpacked correctly. If you've installed SKSE it provides some scripts (including those from your listing) but not other like Location and GlobalVariable.

I think the problem is when I installed SKSE I replaced the old Scripts.rar with the SKSE one so now I missing these files!

I will try delete the rar and maybe reinstall CK and see if it works, thanks!!

Edit:

Thank you so much, it works now!

What I did was to delete the Scripts.rar and then reinstall the ck and then extracted the files correctly from the new scripts.rar, then I install SKSE again. :smile:

And now i can also compiler using notepad ++ !

Edited by sh0ker

I have had soooooo many problems getting all this stuff to work right, I have been told one of the issues might be that I have Skyrim installed in the default 'C' drive, and apparently that causes all kinds of errors like this because of user permissions and what not. Anyway, the solution for me was to end up using a tool called the Papyrus Compiler Plus. You may want to consider using it yourself. I'm no expert in scripting, I'm just getting started, but so far so good. The tool is really easy to use, and I'm planning on making a video on my YouTube channel soon showing how to install PCP and use it. Hope this helps you, and let me know if you have any questions.

It seems nice but how do I use it with notepad ++ ?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but it seems like you got everything sorted out. Anyway, what I do is write scripts in Notepad++ and cut and paste them into the space provided in the CK. If you're using the PCP tool, it will launch as soon as you try and create a new script in the CK and all you have to do is click the 'Compile' button at the bottom when the script is done. You can also drag and drop scripts to compile without the CK even being open, but you don't technically need Notepad++ for that.

Out of curiosity, what lines of code did you use in you ScriptCompile.bat file?

I have had soooooo many problems getting all this stuff to work right, I have been told one of the issues might be that I have Skyrim installed in the default 'C' drive, and apparently that causes all kinds of errors like this because of user permissions and what not. Anyway, the solution for me was to end up using a tool called the Papyrus Compiler Plus. You may want to consider using it yourself. I'm no expert in scripting, I'm just getting started, but so far so good. The tool is really easy to use, and I'm planning on making a video on my YouTube channel soon showing how to install PCP and use it. Hope this helps you, and let me know if you have any questions.

It seems nice but how do I use it with notepad ++ ?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but it seems like you got everything sorted out. Anyway, what I do is write scripts in Notepad++ and cut and paste them into the space provided in the CK. If you're using the PCP tool, it will launch as soon as you try and create a new script in the CK and all you have to do is click the 'Compile' button at the bottom when the script is done. You can also drag and drop scripts to compile without the CK even being open, but you don't technically need Notepad++ for that.

Out of curiosity, what lines of code did you use in you ScriptCompile.bat file?

this how the bat file looks like right now

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\Source" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts"
pause

If I want to create a new script I just save it to Skyrim/Data/Scripts/Soruce and then compile it via notepad++ and it works just fine

It's important to save it there because the compiler will look for the file there

Edited by sh0ker