Simple and easy request

bloodreaver99

This should be a pretty simple mod but due to my lack of knowledge about modding I can not do it myself. All I want is to have the Idiot Savant noises replaced by the noises you get from taking Psycho (and obviously all other "psycho" related drugs). It isn't too much to ask for that. Maybe at a later date make it so that with that perk you get a constant psycho buff but for now I just want to be able to use the idiot savant perk without sounding like... well... an idiot :/

In your Fallout4\Data folder, verify or make the following folder tree:

Sound \ FX \ UI \ Perk

So you now have the path Fallout4\Data\Sound\FX\UI\Perk

Using MultiXwm, you can convert any sound file you want into the xwm format which Fallout4 uses. For the idiot savant perk, there are seven total sounds:

UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerFemale_01.xwm
UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerFemale_02.xwm
UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerFemale_03.xwm
UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerMale_01.xwm
UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerMale_02.xwm
UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerMale_03.xwm
UI_Perk_IdiotSavant_LayerSFX_01.xwm

You randomly hear three sounds of the player laughing (based on the gender of your character) and the SFX which is the drums/cymbal and cartoon sound. You can either replace these sounds with three sounds you want to hear randomly or just the same sound copied to all three. I suggest you either keep the SFX or find a different sound for it. If you were to copy the same sound to all these files, you will hear it overlap/double ingame since the Male/Female sound happens at the same time the SFX sound occurs.

Using the MultiXwm, simply convert what you want to xwm, drop the xwm file into the Perk folder you made earlier, and change the filename to match what I have listed. The game will load your custom sounds instead of the ones from its archive. You can do this to nearly everything in the game by simply dropping it into the correct filepath in the Data folder and ensuring the filename matches what is in the relevant archive, no actual mod install required, if all you want to do is simply replace something.

Edit: I almost forgot you wanted to replace them with another Fallout4 sound. Using the Bethesda Archive Extractor, you can take the Psycho sound files you wanted and plop them into that Perk folder without having to convert anything, but you still have to rename them. The Psycho sound is at Sound\FX\NPC\Human\Chems along with the other chems, so in the extractor, click "File", open, navigate to "Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2" in Fallout4\Data and open, click the "Select None" button, then navigate to that Chems folder and check all the sounds, then click "Extract".

Edit: I almost forgot you wanted to replace them with another Fallout4 sound. Using the Bethesda Archive Extractor, you can take the Psycho sound files you wanted and plop them into that Perk folder without having to convert anything, but you still have to rename them. The Psycho sound is at Sound\FX\NPC\Human\Chems along with the other chems, so in the extractor, click "File", open, navigate to "Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2" in Fallout4\Data and open, click the "Select None" button, then navigate to that Chems folder and check all the sounds, then click "Extract".

I am currently doing this with the resources you provided. Thank you so very much!