Heads up: New Nexus site design soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People started to quote each other saying how they agree. That means that nobody has anything new to say anymore :). They are unsatisfied with things stated so many times till now: orange, buttons, logo...

I would like to hear a word or two from the developers or Robin. Is this going anywhere? Does this discussion help anything? Are there going to be changes to the new design? What are you guys working on now? Talk to us please :))))

I did want to add one things, that one of the best comments I've heard on here was about formatting the main page into block sections so that the main content of the site that is the really important stuff to most of us gets priority on the first page. Stuff like files, downloads, forum links, user / member links, that's the bread and butter so make it easily got to on the first page. Something to that effect. Great comment imho.

And I know I'm repeating, sorry :D

Sure, Zaldiir, but it's also nice to be able to quickly look at them without having to go to the browse image page. And by that reasoning, the Latest Files is also unnecessary. After all, if you just go to the Latest Files page, it's lists the most recent first. Edited by Mitheledh

Man that's so different...I'm trying to find out if I don't like it or if I simply don't care about it, after all it's Nexus and even with the performance/visual change the people here will be the same. (cheers guys!)

Regarding the new interface, it looks like others noticed and already said.. it's way to common. When I log in here now I feel like the time stops for a few seconds to welcome me back, while the new one, feels like "Ok, you're in..say what you want and leave!.

In the past, all changes you did, visual ones at least, kept something from the old ones and it still felt like Nexus.

But as a community we need to be supportive and understanding. We don't live in the past, things change everywhere so do what you have to do and we'll be around to see what happends.

Cheers and beers,

Pushkatu

Edited by Pushkatu

The interface is what makes the Nexus really unique. IMO, it's a masterpiece of ergonomics and design.

While the new interface is not ugly or unfriendly on it's own, I think I'll always miss this interface. It's too common, too sterile, and to me it doesn't seem to give much of an advange over that one.