The Chattering Scroll Players

myrmaad

Blast it! I forgot two important things about Kalin!

Skills: Kalin's metabolism is faster than a normal being's, so he heals twice as fast, even without rest.

The Wandering Years of Kalin Orus:

Kalin didn't really wander aimlessly. He fought... a lot, and has amassed a huge fortune (kept in a Bag of Holding, though he donates a lot to churches). Kalin is a veteran of at least two wars. He has fought the undead alongside Kelemvor priests, and any time he had heard of demons, he hunted them down and sent them back to the Abyss. At one point during his travels, Kalin felt a calling by Lathandar. Kalin felt that he should do as Lathandar wanted, but he didn't feel worthy enough of the Morning Lord's gifts. However, he decided that he should still do his lord's will, but with his own abilities. Lathandar accepted this, so Kalin served as his agent for 20 years. One day, Kalin received a vision that a possessed Thayan wizard was going to activate a gate to the Abyss, hence how he ended up at his last quest.

There! A little bit better, I think...hopefully. So, what do you think?

Nice! Sounds like a cool character! :thumbsup:

Although, the deities of Pelor and Lathander are from two different worldspaces. You still have Kalin's deity marked as Pelor, so does he follow Lathander, too? Pelor is not a god of Faerun, so how would he know about him if he grew up on the Sword Coast?

Nitpicking, I know. :blush: But it just seemed inconsistent. Sounds like you switched from one D&D worldspace to the Forgotten Realms midway in your character creation.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blast it! I forgot two important things about Kalin!

Skills: Kalin's metabolism is faster than a normal being's, so he heals twice as fast, even without rest.

The Wandering Years of Kalin Orus:

Kalin didn't really wander aimlessly. He fought... a lot, and has amassed a huge fortune (kept in a Bag of Holding, though he donates a lot to churches). Kalin is a veteran of at least two wars. He has fought the undead alongside Kelemvor priests, and any time he had heard of demons, he hunted them down and sent them back to the Abyss. At one point during his travels, Kalin felt a calling by Lathandar. Kalin felt that he should do as Lathandar wanted, but he didn't feel worthy enough of the Morning Lord's gifts. However, he decided that he should still do his lord's will, but with his own abilities. Lathandar accepted this, so Kalin served as his agent for 20 years. One day, Kalin received a vision that a possessed Thayan wizard was going to activate a gate to the Abyss, hence how he ended up at his last quest.

There! A little bit better, I think...hopefully. So, what do you think?

Nice! Sounds like a cool character! :thumbsup:

Although, the deities of Pelor and Lathander are from two different worldspaces. You still have Kalin's deity marked as Pelor, so does he follow Lathander, too? Pelor is not a god of Faerun, so how would he know about him if he grew up on the Sword Coast?

Nitpicking, I know. :blush: But it just seemed inconsistent. Sounds like you switched from one D&D worldspace to the Forgotten Realms midway in your character creation.

Oops... that was supposed to be Lathandar :wallbash:

I'll fix it right away. :sweat:

Now that I've settled Kalin's conflict with faith, what do you think? lol

(thanks again, Auri, don't worry, nitpicking can be a good thing :thumbsup: )

Everything is fine. :) Formulating a response to save him. :D

Now that I've settled Kalin's conflict with faith, what do you think? lol

(thanks again, Auri, don't worry, nitpicking can be a good thing :thumbsup: )

Everything is fine. :) Formulating a response to save him. :D

That would be nice (seeing Rhaine when he wakes up should brighten his day :wink: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm here now.

Name: Maleyk Brittle

Race: High Elf

Height: 5'6"

Class: Battlemage

Appearance: Her hair is light brown and usually tied up in a high ponytail. Her skin is pale, slightly freckled and she has got the typical elf ears and a long face with a high forehead. Her eyes are big and dark green.

Clothing and Armor: She's wearing a bright green robe with some colorful and floral details and a hood. (Oblivion Aqua silk robe and hood: Clickedyclick, green velvet shoes, rectangle glasses.

Weapons: Staff of Frost, quite simple staff that sends out really, REALLY cold bolts.

Skills: Expert Alchemist, Apprentiece destruction

Personality: Smart, the 'walking encyclopedia' kind of smart, helpful, bit of an OCD freak.

History:

Her dad was a high mage at the arcane university, and her mother resides usually at the Skingrad mages guild. As a kid she lived with her father in the University. Usually, she was playing around with the ingredients. She turned out to be talented in alchemy and studied it further. But since Cyrodill became more dangerous, she also started studying destruction magic to defend herself.

I felt like playing with a less overpowered character for once ^^