The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

Selene's beautiful grey eyes sparkled in delight as she said "then i must thank you i have new reason to exist, i can postpone my hunt until you are trained, i will not let you down my dear, but know this, you cannot turn back if you fall like i have, my abilities are dark even if my heart has some trace of purity. i can of course bypass that inconvenience and tap into both sides of the coin so to speak. but it took me hundreds and hundreds of years, so remain pure and noble and your abilities will be light." she hugged reona and said "your training may begin whenever you are ready dear, i will be here if you wish to start."

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine heard Kalin's scream and once again dismounted to run inside. He lay on the floor, prone, his armor and clothes torn, a pair of beautiful orange wings upon his back.

A grin spread across her face. "Now you know the touch of the divine, dear Kalin," she whispered, "Amaunator has found you, at last."

"Welcome to my world."

"Kalin!" Reona and Arva screamed in unison.

Reona rushed to his side and covered her mouth with her hands at seeing the pair of orange wings that had sprouted from his back, "Rhaine, will he be okay?" She was worried for him, and gingerly, gently, touched his forehead, checking for fever. She felt none, and was grateful for that much.

(Hey look, my hundredth post :D )

Edited by tokyobleach

"Kalin!" Reona and Arva screamed in unison.

Reona rushed to his side and covered her mouth with her hands at seeing the pair of orange wings that had sprouted from his back, "Rhaine, will he be okay?" She was worried for him, and gingerly, gently, touched his forehead, checking for fever. She felt none, and was grateful for that much.

Rhaine nodded, "He will be fine. His back muscles will be sore for a few days, but that is normal, considering he has just grown two extra limbs."

She knelt at Kalin's side, "His wings will also be limp until he learns to carry them. And they may be somewhat of a nuisance until then."

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Consciousness crept back into Kalin, and with it, incredible pain. He let a long moan, then tried to push himself off the floor. Which was a big mistake. Moving his shoulder muscles like that caused burning daggers to shoot through his back. "Gods!" he cursed, and collapsed back down on the floor. He noticed a strange feeling come from his back, and was going to ask what was going on when he saw the wings, and realized: They're mine.

Shaken, he tried to look at his friends, and noticed the faint grin on Rhaine's face. "Hi, Rhaine. Looks like you're not alone anymore," he chuckled weakly, then winced as the movement brought about more agony. He attempted to get up again, but he was too exhausted and in too much pain to do so. "Could someone help me up, please," he croaked, a helpless smile on his face...