The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aardorn was heading to skyrim, but he went to his parents on the way, who hardly recognized him, he then dropped in on his old mentor, who spoke of the shadow in skyrim, it was dragons...

"you're sure of this?" Aardorn said

"I am" Kolran replied"Sure as I have a heart or soul."

"So be it." Aardorn said, Gwendolyn entered the room

"Aardorn," she said "My husband is right in the fact it is too dangerous for you to go alone"

"Tis always dangerous." Aardorn said

"Aardorn! Trust me as you once did, you will not go there alone!" Kolran said

"You taught me that I must do my duty"

"But that does not involve getting ripped to pieces!"

"Then who would go with me? Jourdon? Nay he is too young. You? You have told me yourself you no longer have the strength to walk through skyrim."

Gwendolyn also put in her comment "There is a band of orcs, moving south by south east, they are burning and killing, running through the lands unchecked. The legion has no men to kill these bandits, and like others, they are hard to find."

"You shall help me stop them" Kolran said to Aardorn.

"You do not get it, the dragons in skyrim must be stopped." Aardorn said

"Fine, you are right, stop the dragons, but return with due haste, for evil moves through all of tamreil now. Even where supreme good once was." Kolran added

"It shall be done." Aardorn said, he turned to leave, but Gwendolyn called him back

"You wouldn't happen to have anymore of that perfume you gave me as a wedding gift. Remember, you gave me some perfume and Kolran a quiver of enchanted arrows." She said

"I do remember, and yes, I can make some more quickly." He said,"Kolran! can I use your alchemy set?"

"Indeed Aardorn!" Kolran replied, and Aardorn rushed up stairs, he returned after 10 minutes and handed Gwendolyn some more of the perfume.

"Now I feel left out!" Kolran said, and both him and Aardorn smiled

"Well, if I see anything I think your'll like I'll bring you it, till then, I bid you a fond fair well." Aardorn replied

"Safe journey"

"To you to"

And Aardorn headed to the frozen wastes of Skyrim, searching for the dragons, he arrived at the meadows

Once he arrived a dragon pounced, it clawed at him but he rolled aside. He plunged the sword into it's leg, but its thick hind blocked the blade.

It roared at him and he plunged his sword into it's mouth, making a mess of it, but it brought it's mouth down. He thought quickly and dived into it's mouth, pulling his sword out and sticking it through the roof of it's mouth and into it's brain, killing it.

Edited by Brutii

Selene sat for a while in her room, pondering on what to do... She planned to go to skyrim at once, traveling unseen without the group knowing she had left... she then remembered the commitment she had made to reona. Selene left a note on the door of the inn which read "Goodbye my dear friend's but i am of to skyrim, i hope we will meet again on friendly ground. p.s Reona look in your room"

And in Reona's room she left a detailed arcane scroll, which contained the lesson's and techniques for the basic's of World-Bending. Along side she left a book for Arva which contained everything Selene knew about the sword which arva was trapped inside. A little note on Reona's bed said "we shall meet again in skyrim and i will train you in the experienced art's"

She then traveled through the mountains of Skyrim Alone...

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Aardorn was sitting round a campfire, puffing thoughtfully on his pipe, staring off into Cyrodile, he could make out the lands up till the imperial city, it was a cloudless night, uncommon for skyrim where the mists are always around.

"The road goes on Mountain and valley

Ever ever on And pasture and meadow

Hill by hill Streching unending

Mile by mile For mile after mile

Field by field Fenland and moorland

Stile by Style And shoreline and canyon

The Road goes on Bordered by Hurdle

Ever ever on And hedgeroww and stile

The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.

Now far ahead the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with weary feet,

Until it joins some larger way,

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say."

He turned after finishing this, doused the fire and continued down the mountain into skyrim, soon, very soon, he would have to deal with more threats

"KILL IT MEN, NOW THAT IS AN ORDER!!" Selene wailed pointing her ornate blade at a large Dragon, she stared at her battalion of imperial legion troop's as they rushed to try and kill the beast. Selene was dressed in large golden heel's, golden greaves and a golden chest plate which was not visible under her long and thick white polar-bear fur coat, her hair was arranged neatly on top of her head in an updo, with ornament's of considerable quaility gracing her head. Selene was now a general in the Legion. her men tried to kill the huge blood dragon but many died...

"KILL IT MEN, NOW THAT IS AN ORDER!!" Selene wailed pointing her ornate blade at a large Dragon, she stared at her battalion of imperial legion troop's as they rushed to try and kill the beast. Selene was dressed in large golden heel's, golden greaves and a golden chest plate which was not visible under her long and thick white polar-bear fur coat, her hair was arranged neatly on top of her head in an updo, with ornament's of considerable quaility gracing her head. Selene was now a general in the Legion. her men tried to kill the huge blood dragon but many died...

Aardorn watched from a distance, he was not impressed by the general, who was sending countless men to their dooms. He sighed, and drew his bow, pouring a sour green liquid over it, he shot the dragon, it roared in anger, then stopped, becoming quite docile for a moment. But then it roared again and continued.

He realised the poison wasn't potent enough, so he threw his bow over his back and charged toward the dragon with his sword, knocking a legion soldier out the way of it's gaping maw, he climber up onto it's back, and it tried to shake him off, but he stood on it's head, sticking his sword into its head, but it had no effect, it swung violently to one side, he flew off and flew into a rock.

Aardorn thought about how to kill it, drawing his bow, he shot another arrow into it's mouth, but it had little effect, and it lowered it's head, and swallowed him whole, it didn't even bother to chew.

"Oh for the love of..." Selene ran toward's the dragon with uppermost haste, and slid under-neath the dragon's belly, she lifted her blade and sliced open the dragon's soft belly, it roared in anger and pain as the content's of it's last meal spilled on to the frosted ground.. Edited by mythicdawnmaster

"Oh for the love of..." Selene ran toward's the dragon with uppermost haste, and slid under-neath the dragon's belly, she lifted her blade and sliced open the dragon's soft belly, it roared in anger and pain as the content's of it's last meal spilled on to the frosted ground...

"Bloody thing" Aardorn was exclaiming, trying to get his sword to cut his way out of it's stomach, then, a light shined threw, and Aardorn fell out onto the ice, covered in bile "Hello again" He said, before looking at the now enraged dragon and saying "You've made him mad!" rolling out from under it, he sliced into it's neck, and his blade got stuck, and the dragon swung it's tail round knocking him to the ground "Not... my... day..." He said whilst flying to the ground, raising his sword, he plunged it into it's eye, before drawing his dagger and stabbing it's other one. Now blind, the dragon could not see it's attacker, and the blows came from all sides now the legion troopers were piling on to it.

After they were finished, he turned to face them all, "Congratulations on your first dragon kill" This was followed by a cheer, "Now lets find the nearest tavern and drink our selves senseless." One of the shouted, and there was another, louder cheer, followed by the group turning to Selene, like a bunch of children who wanted to do something.

Aardorn turned to Selene "NEVER turn your back on a dragon, the bastards can survive almost anything."

Edited by Brutii

Selene smilled at her men and said cheerfully "Go on have some fun here." she tossed a sack of gold toward's them "Have a good time you deserve it, after all that was a dragon... NOW GO!" she said "i will be over in a moment after a quick report on the situation. "Hello again ranger enjoying Skyrim?" she smiled a happy smile dispite the situation

Selene smilled at her men and said cheerfully "Go on have some fun here." she tossed a sack of gold toward's them "Have a good time you deserve it, after all that was a dragon... NOW GO!" she said "i will be over in a moment after a quick report on the situation. "Hello again ranger enjoying Skyrim?" she smiled a happy smile dispite the situation

"Skyrim is very enjoyable. On a darker note... WHERE THE f*** IS THE BASTARD THAT MADE YOU GENERAL! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!" Aardorn shouted, before following the men, they seemed too 'green' to be left wandering around on their own