The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"THIS MAN IS YOUR HERO TODAY MEN, SING HIM YOUR PRAISES AND GIVE HIM YOUR DRINKS FOR HE DESERVES IT AS YOUR NEW CHIEF ARCHER, GIVE HIM A WELCOME TO OUR RANKS HE WILL NEVER FORGET!" She shouted cheerfully "i will be with you all momentarily just another report to handle...

He turned to the men, "Right, the good news is, we have killed the dragon, the bad news is, theres still more" He turned and headed to the inn, going to bed, he thought.

This is just an update on what happened last before the adventures of Selene and Aardorn (nice story, you two :thumbsup: ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doomguide shook her head, "I told you to take it easy!" Following Kalin outside, she put her foot in her stirrup once more and swung into Thanatos's saddle. She then offered a hand to Kalin, "Come on. You can ride with me."

Her thoughts flicked from friend to friend, Let us go, we waste precious daylight. Reona, are you alright?

Kalin took her hand and pulled himself up behind Rhaine, teeth clenched as his back screamed in protest. "Maybe I should have gotten a horse," he muttered, regretting his boastful decision now. Oh, well. Too late now. He flushed as one of his hands brushed against one of her wings. So soft... he thought, distacted. He felt awkward from being so close to Rhaine. His thoughts started to wander where they shouldn't, ones that would bother both of them if the priestess heard them. The soulknife quickly shoved the fantasies away. We definitely don't need that right now. He became puzzled suddenly. Something felt like it was missing. Then it struck him: The Drow! Out loud, Kalin asked: "Hey, what happened to Kismet?"

Rhaine looked around upon hearing Kalin's inquiry. The Drow was nowhere to be found. But Rhaine was certain she was not far. "Wherever she is, she's probably more than a little amused at the antics of this motley crew," she remarked.

Thanatos shifted beneath them, head alert and ears pricked. Rhaine leaned forward and stroked his elegant neck. He hadn't even noticed the additional weight of Kalin. Rhaine half-turned to the elan, speaking over her shoulder, "When we leave, hold on to me by my belt. And grip firmly...Thanatos is as swift as death itself, and you'll lose your seat if you aren't careful. I apologize ahead of time for the cramped quarters," she added, trying to fold her wings tighter to give him more room, "but as you know, now, I can't exactly help it."

"You're alright, Rhaine," Kalin waved her apology away, "I've been in far more cramped conditions than this. One time, I was in a 4x4 prison cell for near twelve hours, waiting for the guards to change shifts." He laughed. "I thought I'd go mad. I'd been arrested for standing up to a corrupt guardsman who was bullying a poor innkeeper." He laughed again, remembering the occasion fondly. "I happened to escape while it was the man's shift as watch commander. You should've seen his face!" After chuckling for a bit longer, Kalin composed himself a bit and declared: "Well, we should probably be on our way. Can't let Ellundil hoard all the bandits to himself, now can we?"

Edited by GrueMaster

This is just an update on what happened last before the adventures of Selene and Aardorn were (nice story, you two :thumbsup: ).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doomguide shook her head, "I told you to take it easy!" Following Kalin outside, she put her foot in her stirrup once more and swung into Thanatos's saddle. She then offered a hand to Kalin, "Come on. You can ride with me."

Her thoughts flicked from friend to friend, Let us go, we waste precious daylight. Reona, are you alright?

Kalin took her hand and pulled himself up behind Rhaine, teeth clenched as his back screamed in protest. "Maybe I should have gotten a horse," he muttered, regretting his boastful decision now. Oh, well. Too late now. He flushed as one of his hands brushed against one of her wings. So soft... he thought, distacted. He felt awkward from being so close to Rhaine. His thoughts started to wander where they shouldn't, ones that would bother both of them if the priestess heard them. The soulknife quickly shoved the fantasies away. We definitely don't need that right now. He became puzzled suddenly. Something felt like it was missing. Then it struck him: The Drow! Out loud, Kalin asked: "Hey, what happened to Kismet?"

Rhaine looked around upon hearing Kalin's inquiry. The Drow was nowhere to be found. But Rhaine was certain she was not far. "Wherever she is, she's probably more than a little amused at the antics of this motley crew," she remarked.

Thanatos shifted beneath them, head alert and ears pricked. Rhaine leaned forward and stroked his elegant neck. He hadn't even noticed the additional weight of Kalin. Rhaine half-turned to the elan, speaking over her shoulder, "When we leave, hold on to me by my belt. And grip firmly...Thanatos is as swift as death itself, and you'll lose your seat if you aren't careful. I apologize ahead of time for the cramped quarters," she added, trying to fold her wings tighter to give him more room, "but as you know, now, I can't exactly help it."

"You're alright, Rhaine," Kalin waved her apology away, "I've been in far more cramped conditions than this. One time, I was in a 4x4 prison cell for near twelve hours, waiting for the guards to change shifts." He laughed. "I thought I'd go mad. I'd been arrested for standing up to a corrupt guardsman who was bullying a poor innkeeper." He laughed again, remembering the occasion fondly. "I happened to escape while it was the man's shift as watch commander. You should've seen his face!" After chuckling for a bit longer, Kalin composed himself a bit and declared: "Well, we should probably be on our way. Can't let Ellundil hoard all the bandits to himself, now can we?"

Guess me and Mythic got a little to carried away with the posting

This is just an update on what happened last before the adventures of Selene and Aardorn were (nice story, you two :thumbsup: ).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank's grue :biggrin: we appreciate it

thank's grue :biggrin: we appreciate it

Is anyone else going to post? Or am I free to start hogging it again :)