The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

Reona sat in her room, silently looking at the note, having Arva look through her eyes and read it to her. He had begun to teach her how to read and write a short time before he'd passed away, but her lessons were never completed. She could hardly make out the elegant, flowing script, but Arva seemed to understand it perfectly, and she was grateful for that. He taught her a little as he read, so that someday she might be able to read things on her own.

After finishing the note, he said Looks like we've been left behind. Can you handle yourself alone until we catch up with the others?

She smirked and replied, Of course I can.

Folding the notes and stuffing them in the pocket of her dress, she made her way out of the inn. She stretched a little, staring at the ground and her bare feet as she and Arva talked about strategy. Seeing an oddly-shaped shadow on the ground that almost resembled a winged horse, she looked up and her lips curled upward. Rhaine and Kalin hadn't left yet, after all, and were on the back of Thanatos chatting about something. She grinned, white teeth flashing momentarily, and joined them.

Thanatos greeted her with a soft snort and bobbed his head a little, the wavy hair on his tail swinging as he playfully pawed at the ground a few times. She greeted him and complimented him on how shiny his coat was today in her mother tongue, the language of truth that all animals and plants instinctively understood, and he responded with a happy whuff that ended with a strong snort that gently ruffled her hair. He seemed to stand a bit more proudly after that, which raised Arva's spirits, as he'd always liked the proud nature of horses.

"He likes the job you've done on his grooming, Rhaine," Reona said, smiling at how the creature erased Arva's dark and brooding thoughts so quickly.

I've got a weakness for animals, I can't help it, he laughed, showing a few memories of his rides with his favorite horse, a half-elven, half-wild paint mare called Loivissa, to everyone.

"She was a good horse, I admit," Reona said, adjusting her circlet a little, "Now, what's the plan, guys?"

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine grinned, leaned forward, and hugged Thanatos's neck before turning him towards Reona. The character that she always assumed her steed possessed was reaffirmed by the Bosmer's words.

"The plan? We're going to head to Redrock Cave and see if these bandits have any useful evidence against their contractors. If they are indeed in league with the necromancers, as Selene thinks they are, then we need to waste no time in eliminating them. It would be also be wise of us to keep moving as we solve this puzzle. I have no doubt that these contractors know we aren't dead yet, and they will likely stop at nothing to send us all to early graves," Rhaine's tone was grim. They couldn't allow their foes to get ahead of them.

She pointed her horse's head to the southeast, "Brax said the hideout was this way, marked by a large cavern entrance and flanked by three poplar trees. Hold on tight, Kalin. Reona, can you keep up?"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Aardorn waited... and waited... and waited... the woman had not turned up "Coward" He said, before walking back into the inn, leave a note, written with both good grammer and good spelling. It wouldn't be hard to guess he was educated, very odd for someone who scratches a living of rocks! He laughed at this last thought, before finishing the letter, it read:

To whom it may concern.

I take my leave of this place, in order to stalk the mountains along the southern most borderline. 'Twould seem that some bandits (Probably stormcloaks) Have been sighted there. Fearing they will make/ find a cavern and from their build on it till they have an impenetrable fortress, I go to stop them, taking a few select men of the legion.

Signed,

Aardorn,

Ranger

He headed down to the inn, turning to three of the men, he chose these because of their skills, but he had a feeling they wouldn't be missed by Selene, given their attitude. It was somewhat like his, but less ragged. "You men! You will come with me, nay?"

"Yay (yes, it means yes!) sir" One replied

"Aye" Another said

"Twill be an honour" the final said

"The honour is all mine." Said Aardorn, and they began their journey.

Selene ran up the path toward's Aardorn and the soldier's he had decided to take, her run was a little tottery given the size of her high heel's she reached them and said "Excuse me, where are you going, please do not leave now, if we leave we go together"

"That would be seemingly hard as you has an army to lead and I do not need one. These three are coming to help displace some bandits, I hardly think it would be appreciated if you marched thy men up a mountain for some common thieves." Aardorn said, "Now should you need help dealing with another dragon, and if you did, then I would let it be known you were incompetent, then you have a lot of brave men in that inn, wondering why in the name of the divines their general hasn't used them."

"I do not care for this petty town it can burn for all i care!, My priority is hunting down the Stormcloaks, that was the job: i promised the former general in his dying breath's!" Selene did not falter "We will begin our march anyway, if there are bandit's, there are Stormcloak's, and i will not sit here in this village playing protector!"

"I do not care for this petty town it can burn for all i care!, My priority is hunting down the Stormcloaks, that was the job: i promised the former general in his dying breath's!" Selene did not falter "We will begin our march anyway, if there are bandit's, there are Stormcloak's, and i will not sit here in this village playing protector!"

"Well then, twould seem we're switching positions." Aardorn said, marching back to the town, he she wouldn't protect it, he would.

Selene shouted down to him "You just dont get it do you!, there are hundred's of little villages all around skyrim, we cannot stay and protect this one forever!, there dragon is dead what about the other villager's eh?, in the other villages!? she marched back into town and called her battalion for a meeting in the town square...

Selene shouted down to him "You just dont get it do you!, there are hundred's of little villages all around skyrim, we cannot stay and protect this one forever!, there dragon is dead what about the other villager's eh?, in the other villages!? she marched back into town and called her battalion for a meeting in the town square...

"Well then, looks like I'll be marching your army back and forth across skyrim then!" He turned to the men "Come on lads, better kill those bandits while your 'general' figures out which end of her comb to use!" the three men sniggered slightly, before continuing up the mountain with him.

That was it Selene flipped: She unleashed her Demonic powers which Aardorn had witnessed in cyrodil, floating above them all she said in a demonic voice "YOU ALL ANSWER TO ME! YOU MAY THINK ME WEAK AND FRAGILE BUT I ASSURE YOU IT IS ALL AN ACT!" seeing the mens fear she worked it to her advantage "WE SHALL DESTROY THE STORMCLOAK'S AND THAT I PROMISE, ANY WHO DO NOT SHARE THIS IDEA WILL BE DESTROYED!, NOW GET YOURSELVES READY AND INTO POSITION, WE HAVE SOME ANT'S TO CRUSH!" she then turned to the three that sniggered and said "OH YOU MUST BE STUPID OR THAT WAS JUST A LITTLE SLIP UP!" she turned to everyone and said "I KNOW YOU THINK ME THE WEAK GENERAL WHO IS GOOD TO LOOK AT AND LITTLE ELSE! BUT NOW YOU WITNESS MY TRUE FORM, I AM SELENE DEMON GENERAL OF THE SKYRIM LEGION!" ANY DISAGREE?" Edited by mythicdawnmaster