The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn

myrmaad

"Innocent people?.... you mean? DAMN THE STORMCLOAK'S!" she looked confused angry and sad "My... my spy was a stormcloak? they set me up, i was told it was a village full of battle ready soldier's, damn it! the spy shall suffer for his betrayal." she calmed herself and said "You have seen me tricked, i did not know they were innocent's that i swear on my immortality!, now please let me help you, take my hand"

Nawen looked lost. Could this be true that she did not know the true? The ranger wants to help the people of Skyrim and Selene offers the quick way to get there but Selene almost killed her. She can't trust her. Selene has a good side but unfortunately her bad side is too evil to forget it. Yes, Selene is a demon or at least some part of her is demonic but she doesn't need to be evil. Nawen is a fine example of that. Most of her people are treacherous and evil yet she is not. The drow looked straight into Selene's eyes. "You don't need to be evil to achieve what you want or simply prove your point."

Aardorn was totally confused, why the hell was she talking to selene? Selene was a demented mass murderer!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"IT IS MY DUTY TO DESTROY THE STORMCLOAK'S!" she said loudly close to tears she then said "do you think i would have killed those people if i knew they were innocent!, the stormcloak's are evil, they were happy for that entire town to be destroyed, just so they could frame me for the murder of innocent's!" a tear rolled down Selene's cheek and she said "I do not wish to be evil, but everything i do is for good!, believe me or not, trust me or not that is the truth!, i swear by my own immortality on this Nawen!, and you do not have to stay with me, just let me help you by giving you passage to skyrim and equipment and resources when we arrive!"

"This will surely be the death of me." Nawen thought to herself. She looked back at Aardorn and Kolran and smiled weakly. "Alright. I will go with you to Skyrim. But that's it." Nawen did not believed in what Selene said. Maybe it was because she attacked her or maybe it's because she's a drow and they are distrustful off others but she offers a fast way to reach Skyrim and the sooner she gets there the better.

As nawen touched Selene's hand's they teleported to Skyrim, in the palace Selene provided nawen with all the resources she could need: arrow's repair hammers, food, drink, potion's and armour everything she could need. Selene then said as they stood by the exit of the castle "Goodbye Nawen, and be safe, blessing's of the divines, Deadra and demon's be with you"

"Thank you, Selene." Nawen smiled to her and slowly walked away from the castle. She had hoped to say goodbye to Aardorn but she did not have the time. They will return to Skyrim so maybe they all will meet again soon.

"Now... where can I find a map?"

Edited by Naktis

"Here" said a courier to nawen "lady Selene told me to give you this, her own personal map"

"Oh, thank you!" Nawen thanked to the courier and looked at the map right away. There's an inn not too far from the location where she is now. She just needs to go through the same forest, the survivors of the village went. That's where she should start her journey. Inns are a good place to gather useful information or simply listen to the rumors.

The drow folded the map and went towards the forest.

"Of all the foul things! I am ill at ease with Nawens decisions, Selene is up to something." Aardorn cursed

"I agree, but their ain't no point running in there and bugering everything up lad. Jourdan, get the 'orses ready to leave by dawn" Kolran ordered

"I'm coming too!" Jourdan protested

"Are you really? So, you got all those clothes ready for the two day hike over the freezing mountain. Oh and your sword and arrows for all them dragons? And your horse is now big enough for the long ride is he?" Kolran questioned

"Well, I have the sword and arrows, and can survive a hike, but hassuk will never make it, he is too small."

"Well, that settles that then."

"Please father, I have never left cyrodile!" Jourdan looked pleadingly at his father, why not, he was 17 after all

"Ok, grab your things"

Jourdan rushed to his room, grabbing what he needed "Are we travelling light?" he called

"Yea, we make better time that way." Kolran shouted, Jourdan put some more of it down. and rushed to follow them "Hold on lad! We ain't leaving till dawn!"

"oh, yeah, I forgot." Jourdan said, before landing off his bag and heading to the kitchen "I'll get the beer!"

Again from her balcony, Selene listened and saw what was going on she said to herself "So they bring a little boy into the fray?, what utter fool's! he would not last five minutes against a dragon, and not even five seconds against me!, but i wonder? a boy of that age, who has never seen anywhere other than cyrodiil could be easily enchanted, hmm perhaps he could be useful if i convinced him that he does not have to do what his precious daddy tells him, hahaha!"

Nawen had finally reached the inn. It was dark outside already but luckily for her drows can see in the dark so she had no problem getting here. The woods were awfully quiet which made her suspicious. The rest of her journey was boring and rather short.

The drow stepped inside with her hood on. She could hear drunk men talking and laughing. She went over to the bar and asked for a mug of ale. With the mug in her hand, the ranger found an available table away from the others. That's where she sat down and started to listen to various rumors.