Using banned mods for screenshots

Dazaster

" and especially " You want freedom to own a gun (or whatever)? You'd better not try and steal mine in order to own one because you would be in for a rude awakening" (which where I come from is called a threat) are not the sort of things the administrators should be posting.

Just for the record, I have reported many pirates in my time on the nexus and I in no way endorse piracy.

Banjo- this one, I think is a misinterpretation. That particular comment is a statement that yes, such and such person does indeed have such and such right. However if they were to infringe upon somebody else's rights, while maintaining their own rights, that there are consequences to that action.

And that this could be clarified by saying that you have the ABILITY to do such and such. If so and so Chooses to perform an act that is illegal, or violates the rules, then they also accept the consequences for that choice.

This to me, is not a threat. To let somebody know that if they do something wrong, what the consequences of that choice will end up being.

For example... with the imageshare uploads. On numerous occasions, I have had to contact members in regards to pics uploaded to the sites. On the majority of those occasions I've had to let users know that their pic(s) was/were removed by a staff member, and why it was removed. I post a link to the rules pages that are appropriate for the violation, and many times quote that particular rule, from that page.

I also tell them that if they re-upload that image, they would be getting themselves into trouble, and it could even result in a ban of their account (since it was removed by a staff member, for rules violation). Or, that if they continue to upload images that violate that rule, that since they've been warned, it will result in more severe staff action, up to a ban on their account.

Me telling them that, isn't threatening them. It's me telling them what could potentially happen to their account if they continue those actions. Its me warning them what myself or other staffers could do if we see more of that kind of activity from them.

I don't wanna see more reports against that user. I don't want to see that user getting into more trouble. And I don't wanna see them get banned. I'm letting them know that they need to stop, or some of that stuff is going to eventually happen.

It's not a threat. Its me saying "If you keep doing this, you're going to get into trouble, and it could be bad trouble".

I am not debating anything being removed, images or otherwise. What I am saying is that is not the attitude the staff should have. Respect should be given regardless, sinking down to there level is just as bad. (well not quite down to that level)

Edit - I am not really looking to debate anything either, I just felt like voicing my thoughts on that particular post. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Yeah alright then, I take the threat part back since that seems to be the focus on my comment but then there is still the fact that the staff should probably show respect to all rather than meeting ignorance with attitude. (that makes it sound like I mean all staff, but I just want to say that this is the only case I can think of that I have seen)

Yeah alright then, I take the threat part back since that seems to be the focus on my comment but then there is still the fact that the staff should probably show respect to all rather than meeting ignorance with attitude. (that makes it sound like I mean all staff, but I just want to say that this is the only case I can think of that I have seen)

By show respect do you mean knowtow to ignorance, turn the other cheek, and generally let people blast out opinions without fear of anyone standing up to them? Tough. I personally was pleased to see LHammonds do so in the manner in which he did, firm but not overly so. I also see that the post he was commenting on was editted out. Nothing like standing by what you say then.

Yeah I also noticed that post was edited out, which I found amusing. I am not saying let people rant on I am just saying better words could have been chosen (on both sides) that's all. You make it sound like I agree with FlyingHigh10000000, which I in no way do.

And on that note I am out, I am not really looking to get into a multi-page debate just felt like leaving a comment.

Excuse me, but I edited the post before I was aware of the response. I thought otherwise of what I had said, and expected to be treated with respect, as any other user here would. It seems that is not the case, and my PM to the owner of the site has gone unanswered as well. What does it take to get a bit of one-on-one conversation time with the actual boss, and not someone acting in his stead? I don't stand by my previous post, thus why I removed it, and I certainly do not appreciate the attitude that has been shown toward me by both the staff and userbase. Good to know, though, that there are people that are pleased with someone verbally abusing me, and causing feelings of inadequacy and hatred to bubble up again.

Edit: Actually, can we just have this topic locked, to prevent further insults to either party involved? To do otherwise seems a bit...rude. I'll get over this, I'm sure the mods will forget about this soon enough, and hopefully we can all go on and have a good week/weekend.

Edited by FlyingHigh10000000

Enough is enough, it ends now.

Got a problem with the staff then bring it to Dark0ne.

Open discussion of staff actions will not be tolerated.

Buddah