Dual Power Fists

Schneidend

While playing Old World Blues I found I liked the look of a blue Power Fist (Saturnite Fist) for my melee/unarmed character who happens to be somewhat obsessed with the color blue, and thought it might look even cooler if both hands each bore the appearance of wearing a separate fist. Would this be possible? I imagine it could be difficult since there probably isn't any art for a left-handed power fist model, but I figured I'd post the idea and leave it up to the industrious modders of the Nexus to decide. Thoughts?

I reckon the only way it could be done would be to make a copy of a armour Mesh, stick on a power fist model on the left hand, (though it would look weird when you don't have a power fist equipped.)

Then you add a effect to the armour that grants a knockdown when you hit a enemy with you fists.

Not the most elegant way about it, but its the best I can think of.

This is possible, as the brass knuckles weapon uses both hands when attacking. So I could probably make a new mesh, based on the knuckles but with the power-fist models. I'll have a look later on today, and see if I can make this for you. There's a good chance I'll do it!

Rob

Edited by rjhelms84

You'd have to use the brass knuckle/spike knuckle animation since to power fists only seem to attack with the right hand. You'll also have a lot of clipping if you use the vanilla Pipboy.

If you'd said you wanted say the corrosive glove that would be easy, all the Scientist glove variants have a left hand model. You'd still have clipping though.

Heh, I think you guys are overthinking this, though I applaud your courage in doing so. I wasn't really thinking the left hand needed any animations or to actually attack. I just thought it would be cool if a matching power fist could be worn on the left hand. I think the main issue would be having the mesh actually appear to belong on the left hand. After all, I've seen mods that add gloves as separate items you can equip. Would it not be relatively simple to just change the model of such a glove to be a power fist or Saturnite Fist?

A shame. Perhaps some brave soul will make such a model. In the meantime, Gawl, think you could make a power fists version despite the lack of a left hand model by just using the right hand model? Sure, it would look silly upon close inspection, but in the midst of combat it probably wouldn't be noticeable.