Dear Americans

Lehcar

He says he is not guilty, but, has paid some of the money back? Gee, that doesn't sound 'innocent' to me.....

This would be standard operating procedure in the states though. Congressmen/women get away with all sorts of rude and vile behavior on a daily basis. And yes, while we get to vote....... the choices are always limited to the lesser of evils. None of them are worth a fart in the wind. All of the are corrupt. None of them give a rats' hind end about the american people. They just care about lining their own pockets, and getting re-elected.... Empty promises that are forgotten as soon as the polls close.

Wow, HeyYou, you completely summed up my entire view on politics perfectly.

The whole voting this SOUNDS nice at first, but you have to realize that it's merely the person with the most cash-spending and best mudslinging skills that wins.

I am so immensely jealous of you, because you actually get to elect your own senators. :facepalm:

I wish things were different here. Most of the Senators that our oh so lovely Prime Minister appoints are... truly awful people.

Hey welcome fellow Canadian.

Edited by Thor.

I am so immensely jealous of you, because you actually get to elect your own senators. :facepalm:

I wish things were different here. Most of the Senators that our oh so lovely Prime Minister appoints are... truly awful people.

Believe me, it's not as grand as you think. It looks good on paper, but a nation run by government officials elected by the people brings the risk of corruption and deceit. We're not a bad people, we just...well...we just have our problems like everyone else I guess you could say. :)

Believe me, it's not as grand as you think. It looks good on paper, but a nation run by government officials elected by the people brings the risk of corruption and deceit. We're not a bad people, we just...well...we just have our problems like everyone else I guess you could say. :)

Corruption and deceit aren't just a product of being elected. You can find that in any government..... some are just far easier to find than others..... ours couches their lies in pretty phrases, and nice speeches. Still doesn't make them anything other than lies, regardless of how they got into office.

Corruption and deceit aren't just a product of being elected. You can find that in any government..... some are just far easier to find than others..... ours couches their lies in pretty phrases, and nice speeches. Still doesn't make them anything other than lies, regardless of how they got into office.

True, I agree, but what I mean is that it is simpler for these things to emerge using this kind of government where it is easier to manipulate the public, if used in that way of course. Also, just wanted to point out that we aren't all peaches and cream either.

Not to mention... Canada gets to have Big Turks! You have any idea how frustrating it is waiting for someone remotely known by someone I know to go to Canada, solely so I can get those things?