Cold touch causes green corpses?

Lehcar

This just started up and I'm not sure why. Whenever I kill an actor with a cold touch spell, they turn green. Not like a rotting corpse or anything, just the colors of their hair and skin and armor all turn to this weird shade of green. Why is this happening?

Is this "Cold Touch" spell part of a Mod, or is it vanilla?

If its part of a mod then its probably due to you getting a poor copy of the mod (packaged incorrectly, etc). I download all my mods from the nexus only, or that you've missed out placing some files somewhere in its installation.

If its a vanilla spell, then there may be a mod conflicting with a texture used. When you cast the spell and it hits, Frost spells display a white aura around the victim. The white aura/glow might be missing in the .bsa?

Just a quick fix, are you using some sort of Archive Invalidation? If not this may be the reason.

Thanks, hope this helps a little! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I am using a number of magic mods, but the spell is a vanilla spell called "Cold Touch", it is one of the starter spells you get if Destruction magic is one of your major skills.

The mods I am using are Midas Magic, Supreme Magicka and Mighty Magicka. I reinstalled them earlier today for troubleshooting purposes; all of them were installed before and I am positive I never saw this weird green thing. My game is otherwise working absolutely perfectly (I resolved the issues I was having earlier today), it's just that, well... I go around icing people and leave a trail of green corpses behind me. :confused:

I ran everything through BOSS and checked with Wrye Bash so I know it is not a load order issue. I also ran it through OBMM's archive invalidation. :(

I'm also using FCOM (which includes OOO, MMM and WarCry), could the problem be from reinstalling those magic mods on top of it?