Comparing to Real Location

GTech

Hello, this is GTECH. I recently just driven to Los Angeles, and Disneyland (Anaheim), and I got to say, Obsidian did a great job re-modeling the looks of the light brown mountain-hill area's of California and Nevada. When I was driving from Bakersfield all the way to Los Angeles staring at the Mountain's, I just couldn't get New Vegas out of my head. I kept thinking, "Hey. Was there an area in New Vegas based on this?" and also, "That looks like the hill where the Mojave Outpost is." What do you guys think?

I know The Strip re-creation was kind of iffy though. I recently jumped back in the New Vegas Restoration dev team after a hiatus, so I hope we can make it more like I would have thought if I never heard of New Vegas before and just visited Las Vegas.

So yeah, tell me what you think on it's map.

Wow! I've never been to Vegas, so I didn't even think that the game was based to exactly on real life. I would have just assumed that the landscape was just redone.

Oh yeah, one thing that differs between the game and real life, is the actual size of Las Vegas.