Changing decisions via developer console

hedop

Hey guys,

I was curious since I came across this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...e_of_lover_in/

Apparently this is something not a lot of people actually know, but while CDPR didn't offer the player to change your choice of lover later in the game again (which results often in an alone Geralt as ending), you actually can on PC with console commands.
I think it is a really stupid game design flaw, because you can commit yourself to Triss way earlier, sometimes 10-20 hours before meeting Yen again and if you actually start to like Yennefer more also thanks to the quests at Skellige, you are screwed.
In my personal opinion the introduction of Yennefer really starts, when you arrive at Skellige, but then it's already too late. If you want to be with her instead of Triss now, you are screwed, because you will end alone, when you tell both women that you love them.
So what can you do to change it?
On consoles you are screwed, unless you reload an older savegame, but on PC you can activate the console with this mod.
It allows you to open the console with F2 and then you can change your choice of lover with these commands:
removefact(q309_triss_lover)
removefact(q309_triss_stayed)
addfact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)
Of course this works vice versa, just change remove with add.
I just tested it once again (version 1.10) to trigger the threesome quest and change the welcome at Kaer Morhen, it works, although I can't guarantee that it also changes the ending sequence, since I haven't finished the game with those changed facts, but I am pretty sure it does, when it affects quests immediately.
I will show it to you:
You just did everyting in Velen and Novigrad, told Triss you loved her (or to stay) and now you go to Skellige and Yennefer hits you like a truck (in a postive way), what can you do to change your initial choice? You remove the facts that you told Triss to love her "removefact(q309_triss_lover)" and to stay "removefact(q309_triss_stayed)". She will come to Kaer Morhen nonethelss, don't worry about that and the achievement.
If you haven't done the quest "The Last Wish" yet, it shouldn't be necessary to use "addfact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)", since you will still have the opportunity to do that in that quest.
So if you have removed those facts and added the other one, you should be fine.
How do you know it worked?
With patch 1.10 CDPR added a little bit more of romantic content to the game including a changed arrival at Kaer Morhen. When you are alone with Triss and Yennefer after arriving, either Triss or Yennefer will ask, whether you want to have a minute with the other one. That other one is your lover at the moment.
Another moment is the threesome sequence, this is the crucial one. It happens immediately after the Lodge wants to talk with Ciri, this talk happens after you have helped Yennefer, Triss and Avallac'h in Novigrad. If you have told both women to love them, a sequence will start immediately after the talk is over, if that doesn't happen, only one woman is your lover at this point.
Close to the end of the game there will be another scene, in which one of the women will approach you. If it is the right one, you did it right.

Is this still viable? Is there a list of commands like that? But more importantly, is there a possibility to change Ciri's fate like that? That would be a nice possibility for people who do not want to replay the game more or less completely before starting Blood and Wine if they want to make sure that they have all possible decisions active that could influence who comes to visit you in Toussaint.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, but I'd also like to know this. I found this info

"Hey guys. If you're on PC and want to get different people to visit your vineyard, you can use the console to do it.

First, save before triggering the last cutscene in Corvo Bianco. If you romanced Triss/Yen, the guest will be the one you romanced.

If you want the guest to be Ciri, remove romance flags with

removefact(q309_triss_lover)
removefact(q309_triss_stayed)
removefact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)

If you want empress Ciri instead of witcheress, also add

addfact(q504_nilfgaardians_arrive)

If you want Dandelion, simulate the bad ending in which Ciri died

addfact(q503_ended)

This way you can reload and get to meet everyone instead of just sticking with your waifu."

Source: https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/144515272/

I'm doing a complete replay of the game and I'm still in Novigrad. You guys think I can kiss/romance triss while I'm in Novigrad and then use the debug console as soon as I get to Skellige to be with Yennefer instead?

Thanks in advance! edit: I'm on 1.22

Edited by evionify

• 1 month later...

I also would like to know if it still works.

I used the removefact command but I am pretty sure it didn't work, does anyone knows if there is a new command with the same function?

Edit: IT WORKED :D

I got to Kaer Morhen, and the cooking quest which I activated with the consoles appeared, so the other inputs should work as well I guess.

Edit 2: This was in 1.22

Edited by RamiroAF

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So guys, I really want to undo the Triss thing. I did type these lover and stayed command but when i checked my character book nothing changed in the description of Triss, its still saying she stayed and that i told her I love her, is this suposed to be like that or nah? plz help

This thread does make me smile. One nice thing about this game is that you can play your quests in any order you want. I am now playing NG+ and I had completed Hearts of Stone and most of Blood and Wine before finishing the actual game the first time through.

I met Yen long before I met Triss and, of course, I told her that I loved her. Forgot that when I met Triss so I told her the same thing. Thus I ended up with the threesome and Geralt being alone.

This time I wanted Geralt to end with Triss, I find Yen too snippy and condescending for my taste. Geralt and Triss went up to the lighthouse and had their little romp and I have told Yen I don't want her any more (that actually was kind of hard to do). One change I have seen is now when I get messages delivered to me, they are coming from Triss (last time they were generic).

In my world, Ciri will be Empress, the sisters will reunite and Geralt will live happily ever after with Triss.

• 9 months later...

I would like to know if you can use this to remove a red x from and objective in a quest. The objective i missed is ''Talk to the widow'' in the quest called: ''Contract: The White Lady''

I am aware that this is just a side quest and won't affect anything, but ALL my other quests are 100% green check marks. I know this topic is very old, but please help me :sad:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So guys, I really want to undo the Triss thing. I did type these lover and stayed command but when i checked my character book nothing changed in the description of Triss, its still saying she stayed and that i told her I love her, is this suposed to be like that or nah? plz help

I'd like to know this myself. Did the same thing.