Help needed ASAP

readheed

Hi so installed the game with no problem whatsoever, then i clicked to launch the game only to be fronted with an error (1275) stating i did not have administrator rights to install drivers! I found a way around this problem by downloading the relevent drivers directly from a source. I then went to play the game and was fronted with the message that my computer is does not meet the minimum requirements. My computer more than meets the reccomended requirements for the game, so this was very frustrating after about an hour of already fiddling on with downloading seperate files. I assumed that the game would not run on windows 7 (the os im running currently) and must need updates to be applied before the game is compatible with windows 7.

SO... I went on to download both pattches 1.4 and 1.5 over and over again from various sources and the installers for these patches would come up with errors such as, the language packs must be installed and the witcher must be registered before this patch can be installed.

I registered the game several times and the patches still would not work.

I found a helpful video on youtube, which states that the witcher.exe file (located in the system subfolder of the main program folder) can be edited when a shortcut of said file is made. The shortcut is then edited through properties > tag name > "..\The Witcher\System\witcher.exe" -dontForceMinReqs

here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3dfTm89E9s

i tried this but to no avail and now im stuck with a game that will not load (when my specs will run the game) and no way of updating or upgrading the game.

Could anyone please, please shed some light on this matter as i am pulling my hair out with frustration!

Thank you very much in advance for any help

Jac

OK if you download the 1.4 patch from the link (it doesn`t require registration)and i take it you already have the relevant language pack. After the 1.4 finishes downloading then you need to create a new folder and place both the 1.4 patch and the language pack in this folder then run the 1.4 patch as administrator . Then update to the 1.5 patch then go to the Tages website and update by clicking on the 5.5 toward the bottom of the page and then remove the Tages driver .

http://www.en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htm

For the minimum requirements error you will need to go to your witcher/system folder and locate the witcher exe and right click and send to desktop , then on the new shortcut right click and select properties and in the shortcut tab in the target line and to the right outside the quotation mark type exactly (space)-dontForceMinReqs and click apply and ok and you should be good to go . I`ve attached a pic with the witcher exe to show how it should look .

• 1 month later...
Thanks to this thread I was able to avoid a few pitfalls in installing The Witcher, and avoided letting Tages install at all, thus eliminating the need to remove it. Thanks! If I hadn't seen this thread I would have let Tages install and would still not have been able to play due to using Windows 7.