Stuck in the parking garage

Suilebhain

Last night I logged off in the parking garage in the glowing sea. I then allowed my game to update to include Far Harbor.

Now, I cannot leave the garage.

I go to the door, and instead of leaving, I get two loading screens. The first is the normal one, the second is black and says "Autosaving" in parentheses. When it clears, I am back in the garage. Going to an earlier save, I wind up in the Root Cellar, which is one of the underground hideaway locations. This happens even if I select a save that has an outdoor location.

Is this a bug resulting from Far Harbor?

I don't know what specifically would cause this but have you tried using the "player.moveto" command to move to (for example) another NPC to see if the game would load the world correctly?

Well I remember people having issues of being stuck in the Sanctuary root cellar after installing Far Harbor. They had a mod called Oil Rig or something like that installed. After removing that mod they were then able to get out of the root cellar. If you happen to have that mod installed try removing it and see if it helps.