FNV Frequently Crashes

fessy4

Ok so im having some pretty major issues with FNV, it keeps crashing over and over, usually its a CTD but sometimes its just a freeze and i have to ctrl+alt+delete and use the task manager to terminate the process. each time i can probably get about 10 mins of gameplay no problems, but when i walk through doors or something large happens on screen, (eg a battle) it crashes. Not sure what it is but i have a feeling if anything it would be the mods loaded on to the game. can anyone see any problems with the load order or the mods im using?

FalloutNV.esm

HonestHearts.esm

DeadMoney.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

ClassicPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

NVR-Strip.esm

More Perks.esm

More Perks for Dead Money.esm

More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm

More Traits.esm

More Perks for Companions.esm

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm

ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm

Purge Cell Buffers.esp

More Perks Update.esp

More Traits Update.esp

More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp

More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp

More Perks for Companions Update.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

NVWillow.esp

NVR-NPCs.esp

NVR-SMOTS-V2-Version_10.esp

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp

WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp

WMX-HonestHearts.esp

WMX-DeadMoney.esp

EVE FNV.esp

Fellout.esp

Nevada Skies.esp

ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp

CRHDV3O3.esp

CRHDV3O2.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Total active plugins: 43

Total plugins: 43

I would suggest you read through all the other topics in this forum that are dealing with the same issue (very common since the last patch which seems to have fubared many old mods) and try some of the suggestions already posted. If they don't work for you then post back here with your computer specs and we'll see what we can do.

ok i found a few people saying project Nevada might be the problem, unchecked all mods related to PN and got mabey 20 mins extra game play time, so something might be up with Nevada but still experiencing same sort of crash...

EVE is not compatible with WMK. Loading it below WMK does not fix it either. And running all those packs together is going to assure problems for obvious reasons.

EVE is not compatible with WMK. Loading it below WMK does not fix it either. And running all those packs together is going to assure problems for obvious reasons.

Obliviously you mean WMX, i might take it off and put WME on instead, it says thats compatible. also i haven't had much change in performance after disabling the pre-order packs, i have also added, Underground Hideout, and Underwater Hidout. but they seem to be fine, nothing really changed when i added them to the game, also i have attached my DxDiag to this post if you want to see my specs. :) ill get back to you with the WMX thing thanks.

Try the newer Nevada Skies ( Version 0.7 ) 0.6 caused freezes in my game....

After you update Nevada Skies wait for the cells to reset ( Yes it helps really! )... ( Wait 7 In-Game days in an unoccupied indoor cell )

Also after I did a full reinstall I am now running Project Nevada without any problems ( Played the whole day yesterday with only 1 crash )

My Load Order is like this now and it runs almost without any issues ( Except some NPCs don't engage in combat x.x ):

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] Primary Needs HUD.esm
[X] aHUD.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] Shojo Race Vegas.esm
[X] Shojo Neko.esm
[X] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
[X] NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
[X] nVamp - Very Voracious Vermin.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] CASM.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] HUD Extended.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
[X] Sprint Mod.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
[X] Night Brightness Adjuster.esp
[X] BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
[X] NV Fatal Headshots.esp
[X] ACR.esp
[X] SR-25.esp
[X] Jewelry.esp
[X] GLOVES for Manicured Nails NV.esp
[X] HarderThan.esp
[X] nVamp - Very Voracious Vermin.esp
[X] nVamp - VVV - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Arwen_NV_Realism_Core.esp
[X] Arwen_NV_Hard-Core.esp
[ ] Improved Sound FX.esp
[ ] Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
[ ] Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
[ ] Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
[ ] HomebrewedSoundPack_SoundLeveler.esp
[X] Modifications.esp <-- My own mod with some modifications united...
[X] Bashed Patch, 0.esp

ok i found a few people saying project Nevada might be the problem, unchecked all mods related to PN and got mabey 20 mins extra game play time, so something might be up with Nevada but still experiencing same sort of crash...

Ok i just found out i am running an old version of project nevada, but still.... i already tried deactivating everything related to it... im willing to try anything and everything though so thanks for the help guys :)

Ok so, i was having some texture issues as well, (Q-35 modulator was missing its lighting effect in the little knobs on the gun and it was pissing me off something fierce anyway) so i have decided todo a clean install (maybe even start a new save game? but i dont really want to do that, just spent like 5 days getting to lvl 20) re-install all my mods, except any weapon mod expanders, even WME, just because these seem to have a lot of conflicts unless there patched, so i guess will see what happens then, ill get back to you :).