Mod Commission

GrayWolf04

To whomever it may concern,

I would like to commission you to create a unique mod for me. I would normally do it myself, but I am not very good at modding at all, and do not understand fully how to use the New Vegas GECK. Requirements are as follows:

1. I would like a follower that is an American Gray Wolf. I'd like it to be slightly larger than regular dogs, preferably about half as tall as the player. I'd like it to be similar in looks to the pictures at the following links. Picture One Picture Two

2. The follower must be able to be used like any other follower (ex: follower wheel, sent to wait at a location, etc.) Their default waiting location (and the location from which they can be recruited) should be the entrance to Jacobstown.

3. They should be able to travel anywhere with the player, including to other DLC's, modded rooms (see note below), Mr. House's room, etc. In other words: no barriers and all access.

4. If at all possible, there should be an option to toggle their combat ai on or off. That way they can attack like normal or just follow the player and not engage in battle or be fired at.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Please reply to me here or send me a PM if you are interested or require more information or have any other questions. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Gray Wolf

Note: I have created a custom house from scratch for my player, and my current followers will travel inside it with me. However, upon exiting the house, they are still inside with no way out other than to use console commands. This results in them staying where they are while a copy of them is placed at the player.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything you told in that list is possible, with the exception of (3). This is not a property of the wolf. It is the property of the navmesh. Sure, you can take the dog out to DLC areas and stuff (only vanilla followers are banned from there), but interiors added by mods [without/with faulty] navmeshing cannot be used by AI (like your house. You didn't navmesh it did you?).

http://geck.bethsoft...utorial_Navmesh <-- Link to tutorial

Regarding the "wolf", are you looking for a retexture or an oversize dog?

P.S. Regarding placing a "copy" at the player, you can move them (hence prevent "copy"ing them) using the command .moveto player. Reference id of companion can be seen when clicking on them in console mode. Note the reference id --> move out of your house --> type that command above.

Edited by Glenstorm

I have no clue on use of GIMP/Photoshop but if you can find someone to make a new retexture, I could give the rest of the stuff a try. It seems like a good idea. Maybe even name it White Fang :happy:

If anyone reading this is interested in doing a retexture, please post. I will PM you if you are genuinely interested. It doesn't seem too hard but I tend to turn a relatively simple idea to a ridiculously complex one (which I never get to finish) if it is a good one.

Edited by Glenstorm

You know, re-texturing is not that hard technically.

You first need the DDS extensions for Gimp or Photoshop. You also need the BSA Browser, to extract the dds texture file/s for the dog you want, then open up those textures in Gimp or whatever, and re-color or repaint whatever parts you want, bearing in mind the positioning of the various parts of the texture.

Then you extract the nif mesh file for the dog, and edit the texture paths in Nifskope to point to your new texture, and save it as a new nif. Then when you create your creature in the Geck, you just select your nif in the list. Your nif will have to be in the meshes/creatures/dog folder, so it can use the skeleton and animations of the dog.

EDIT: If you manage to create the new texture for the dog, I will set it up in Nifskope and the Geck for you, so you dog has the right textures.

Edited by rjhelms84

AH! Pirate! Sorry, no caps. (Do you accept NCR cash? :P)

I can't retexture either, but I if you could, RJ (if i may call you that for short), that would be great.

I am now getting more ambitious, and am wondering if we should just do an entire Jack London themed mod! :D

Here is a great idea of what I'd like the wolf to look like. I have not gotten this users permission for this though.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/407653-awaiting-the-pack/page__p__3369322__hl__wolf__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=3369322

Edited by GrayWolf04