GET A REAL POLICY ON SPOILERS

MarkC9

In all honesty I'm loathe to play the game vanilla before modding. I did with Oblivion, and now, seeing all the mods, the overhauls, etc, I wish that I hadn't. Because that's ~200 hours "wasted" on a game that could have been much better. For me. One of the core attractions of TES is that you can customize it via mods, imo. Though I haven't managed to get anything major spoiled in Oblivion (And I still haven't completed the main quest!), I believe it is prudent for the uploader of mods to mark it for spoilers, minor or major, if they do indeed exist. :)

EDIT

Oh and when Skyrim comes I will definately wait until some great mods have been released before I play it. ^^ See, I want people's opinions "how is the levelling system?", "Is the game too easy?" etc before I play it myself, and so that I can get a hunch of what changes I'd like. However I do see the merit of playing before modding; it's simply something not everyone may want to do however. :)

Edited by NocturneNight

• 4 weeks later...

In all honesty I'm loathe to play the game vanilla before modding. I did with Oblivion, and now, seeing all the mods, the overhauls, etc, I wish that I hadn't. Because that's ~200 hours "wasted" on a game that could have been much better. For me. One of the core attractions of TES is that you can customize it via mods, imo. Though I haven't managed to get anything major spoiled in Oblivion (And I still haven't completed the main quest!), I believe it is prudent for the uploader of mods to mark it for spoilers, minor or major, if they do indeed exist. :)

EDIT

Oh and when Skyrim comes I will definately wait until some great mods have been released before I play it. ^^ See, I want people's opinions "how is the levelling system?", "Is the game too easy?" etc before I play it myself, and so that I can get a hunch of what changes I'd like. However I do see the merit of playing before modding; it's simply something not everyone may want to do however. :)

See I can't do that. I tried it with Morrowind, but I realised that my own opinion rarely ties up exactly with the opinions of others. About half the stuff I downloaded, on the recommendation of a site, was completely unnecessary, because I preferred the way the vanilla did it once I removed the mods out of annoyance.

Speeking of Spoilers.

I had started the main quest and got about 1/4th through it and decided to start over. With the new start I had commited myself to doing ALL of the side quests and guilds before ever touching the main.

A buddy of mine I was chatting with on IRC about the game had no idea I hadn't went through the main yet.

He had just finished it and was fixingf to start some side quests when all the sudden he said:

"I wounder if their is anyway to be emperior? I sure hate that "Martin Died".

Me:

WHAT ??? NOOOOOOO !!!!!! OMG

DUDE, Martin die's ???

CRAP I had NO idea !!!

I haven't finished the main quest :(

Him:

You haven't ?

Me: NO :(

Him:

Oh dude, i'm sorry, thought you finished it already.

Me:

You just told me Vader was Lukes father and I haven't seen the movie yet.

OMG I can't believe Martin dies, that sucks, i like him. Crap :(

LOL I will never forget that, so funny now, but sucked so much then.

Speeking of Spoilers.

I had started the main quest and got about 1/4th through it and decided to start over. With the new start I had commited myself to doing ALL of the side quests and guilds before ever touching the main.

A buddy of mine I was chatting with on IRC about the game had no idea I hadn't went through the main yet.

He had just finished it and was fixingf to start some side quests when all the sudden he said:

"I wounder if their is anyway to be emperior? I sure hate that "Martin Died".

Me:

WHAT ??? NOOOOOOO !!!!!! OMG

DUDE, Martin die's ???

CRAP I had NO idea !!!

I haven't finished the main quest :(

Him:

You haven't ?

Me: NO :(

Him:

Oh dude, i'm sorry, thought you finished it already.

Me:

You just told me Vader was Lukes father and I haven't seen the movie yet.

OMG I can't believe Martin dies, that sucks, i like him. Crap :(

LOL I will never forget that, so funny now, but sucked so much then.

You might want to put a spoiler on that :P

I never liked him anyway, I wasn't to fussed. I tried to role-play a female who would fall in love with him, and then get really heart-broken at the end of it all, but you just never get a decent connection with the guy. Hardest bloody role-play I ever did, I got about a third of the way through before realising that it was never going to work