OOO - Small issue

NocturneNight

The answer to your OOO install question depends on which version you installed first, and whether you went the upgrade path. If you installed the 1.33 OMOD Complete (not the patch), then you do not need version 1.32.

I did indeed install the 1.33 OMOD v, haven't touched anything else nor did the readme mention I needed to install 1.32 so I guess it's correct. Thanks again for you help, I really appreciate it. If I could give additional kudos, i would. :) Now to get BOSS and see if reordering fixes my sound issue and if so all should be fine (knock on wood...). :P

Downloaded BOSS and ran it. Did not fix the sound issue, and it did some strange things like ordering certain mods AFTER OOO which I know should be run before it. Oh well.

I'm quite sure that the BOSS team, who are expert at ordering mods by the way, would like to know about these rogue ones. Which mods are you referring to?

Downloaded BOSS and ran it. Did not fix the sound issue, and it did some strange things like ordering certain mods AFTER OOO which I know should be run before it. Oh well.

I'm quite sure that the BOSS team, who are expert at ordering mods by the way, would like to know about these rogue ones. Which mods are you referring to?

Hmm let's see. Apachii, SexDarkness, Eroblivion, and the CTaddpose mods. Hmm, maybe they wont interfere with OOO, but I'd still load them before - to be safe. It also placed MapMarkerOverhaul before OOO, again, not sure, but I was given the advice to load it after OOO.

Still no solution to my sound problem. I am beginning to think this might not be caused by OOO after all. Maybe reinstalling Oblivion would help, but I'm not sure if that would mess up my saves - installing everything again, that is. Hmm, would it be safe to disable OOO to check if the sound issue persists and then reactivate it again?

All of those mods you mention were placed correctly by BOSS. The Map Marker Overhaul only needs to be placed after OOO if you want to override OOO's map settings.

It would be safe to disable OOO, but I would not save your game with it disabled, else you'll lose any items, quest stages etc.

All of those mods you mention were placed correctly by BOSS. The Map Marker Overhaul only needs to be placed after OOO if you want to override OOO's map settings.

It would be safe to disable OOO, but I would not save your game with it disabled, else you'll lose any items, quest stages etc.

Oblivion wouldn't run at all after disabling OOO. All I got was the black window appearing, then disappearing again and nothing else happening. Reactivating OOO made Oblivion run again... I am starting to consider a full unistallation and reinstallation. :P

Oblivion wouldn't run at all after disabling OOO. All I got was the black window appearing, then disappearing again and nothing else happening. Reactivating OOO made Oblivion run again... I am starting to consider a full unistallation and reinstallation. :P

You probably disabled OOO and left something active that is dependant on OOO. If you disable OOO you must also disable anything that requires it to run.

You probably disabled OOO and left something active that is dependant on OOO. If you disable OOO you must also disable anything that requires it to run.

Thank you again, indeed it was so. Tried running without OOO and the sound for the clutter items is working. As I reactivated OOO, I noticed that the icon was red (not blue as normal), indicating conflicts. So I told it to warn me about any file conflicts, and indeed it did, the conflict was with EvE Stock Armor Replacer for armor meshes, I believe. I got the "blabla.nif is the same and CRC's do not match. Overwrite?" message, or however it goes, and so I did overwrite them. However that shouldn't really affect the random clutter items, since EvE only concerns armor? Could be there was not only EvE who was conflicting, but I have tried running OOO without any other mods and the sound is still missing. I have checked and the sound files appear to have been installed correctly.

EDIT

On an unrelated note, BOSS told me to get OMOBS if using OOO. From what I gleaned in the readme, OOO's combat system is already fairly close to OMOBS and that mod shouldn't be required?

Edited by NocturneNight

You do not need OMOBS if you are running OOO. The note you mention from BOSS is referring to the UOP note, which suggests you use the standalone OMOBS if running FCOM/OOO.

Back to your sound issue: do you use a Bashed Patch? If not, why not?

You do not need OMOBS if you are running OOO. The note you mention from BOSS is referring to the UOP note, which suggests you use the standalone OMOBS if running FCOM/OOO.

Back to your sound issue: do you use a Bashed Patch? If not, why not?

I don't use a Bashed Patch, quite frankly, I hardly know what that is. I know that it has something to do with Wrye Bash which is a program that I have deliberately avoided for fear of it being too complex for me. See, I used Wrye Mash in Morrowind, but to be perfectly honest I never really fully understood what the heck I was doing and/or if I managed to improve anything. :P As a Morrowind-player, I know about Mod conflicts. I know about the importance of ordering your mods. I know all that, and I have been careful to not download mods that will conflict with eachother and have tried to maintain a logical load order (although by using the OBMM up until now when you referred me to BOSS).

After running BOSS now a second time I noticed it does mention some mods that need cleaning, think I'll try that next. And I will look into Wrye Bash, see if I can't figure out to create and maintain the Batched Patch atleast. I hear people mentioning it a lot, maybe it's time I finally gave it a try. Also, I'm going away on a trip on wednseday so won't be able to reply here until next week. Thanks for all your help.