Simple yet named Mage Companion?

Alixen

Hey there

I'm currently getting ready to do a special playthrough; but my character needs a 'mentor' character. A Companion I can substitute for myself (mentally) in the Arch-Mage questline so that I can roleplay my character -not- being the leader of the Arcane University after so few quests and time.

The only Mage companion I can find is Ramy Effant and that would be even less fitting. What i'm looking for is a grey and wrinkled character, perhaps a Mer (Dunmer prefrably, to counter-balance Mannimarco being Altmer) to really push the 'sage' feeling, offset to be always ten levels higher than the PC and with only Mage skills. He would be overpowered but thats the point. He's supposed to be powerful enough to be Arch-Mage of all Cyrodiil. A lore-correct name would be appreciated too. He wouldn't really need 'flavor' text unless the creator wanted to go the extra mile; I roleplay most things, so his personality would be mostly made up by me as I played, unless there was something there for me to base off of.. Just the basic companion commands.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Edited by Alixen

I'd really appreciate that. I'm not fond of CM. =)

I've actually recently downloaded (though not installed) Jo'virr. Looking forwards to using him. The 'male' companion count is finally starting to catch up the female ones. At one point my ingame party tended to look less like a group of heroes, and more like a hen night; Tamariel style.

Edited by Alixen

If you take a look at Jo'Virr's description, that's the basic design I'll use for your character-- let's call him Llandele Seleth for now, a Telvanni mage who came to Cyrodiil almost accidentally, in the company of more experienced mages, and saw a lot of potential for advancement that he felt he might not be able to reach in his homeland. Ambitious, tempered with compassion, he's managed over the years to very quietly gain quite a few powerful (and similarly unobtrusive) allies. While he was raised to believe that slave-ownership is a Dunmer's right, living in a foreign land has taught him to believe otherwise. Maybe he has Argonian allies in the mage guilds? Maybe a certain Countess isn't as secure as he believes? *

It's very, very simple scripting, but I'm working on refining it (in between half a dozen other projects) so that other players can just take the scripts, rename variables, references, etc as necessary, and have their own custom companion-- nowhere near as complex and flexible as CM, of course, but still (ideally) a solid base.

* This is all just my rambling, of course-- it won't be reflected in the writing, which you can customize yourself in the CS, if you want to tinker with it.

I'm not to fond of CM either, which is the reason i started making companions to use ingame. Right now their choices are simple follow or wait commands seeing how i am still tinkering with them, but later on i plan on making actual voice overs for them as well. Been making both male and female's of all races, it's nice to have a partner to battle with in dungeons and such. Takes the strain of being mobbed up on away, i always keep them about 1-5 levels higher then me.

http://nellspeed.finalgirl.us/TheMentor.jpg

The Mentor

He has options to: arm / disarm when you do, let you access his inventory, heal himself, and refresh his ammo when he runs low.

I've never had much luck with mages, so just in case, I gave him some goofily overpowered stuff, just for the fun of it. Still doing a bit of testing, but he's pretty close to done.

Hehe, thanks he looks cool. Thank you very much for going to the trouble.

Once I download him i'll likely tweak him a little in the CS, since that at least I can manage, and then he shall take the Mages Guidl by storm. And by him, I mean me, while giving him all the credit. =P

Here's the download link: http://nellspeed.finalgirl.us/q-alixen-npc.rar . I'll yank the link in about a week, but feel free to upload it to a site of your own, if you want; just credit me as the builder; and, of course, edit it as you please.

He should be working reasonably well, but let me know if he does anything truly weird.

You can find him in-- where else?-- the IC Arcane University Lobby.

Have fun!