Simple yet named Mage Companion?

Alixen

Yeah, found he has a nasty habit of summoning an ally and bound-weapon despite Apothisis being much better, typical npc Mage AI that results in me stabbing them. I've tried one or two different Mage combat types, but have yet to try Lich or MankarCamaron. About to try them now.

At the end of the day he's mostly an excuse to fight Mannimarco without becoming the Ach-Mage. He'll be fun to partner up with during the Mages Guild quests.

I haven't found any way of working with a mage companion that doesn't end up in 1) me taking an arrow / fireball to the back, or 2) the mage getting killed because s/he's trying to get some distance to cast. Ah, well. That's what the essential flag is for!

Yeah, it was hilarious a few moments ago, watching him try to kill a mudcrab in a narrow space. He would summon his spirit, lightnign and fireball the spirit because it was between him and the crab, then resummon it, and repeat until he finally didn;t have enough magicka left to summon the spirit and killed the crab with a single fireball.

Still, found that m02-somethingorother-Lich just below the MakarCamaron fighting style doesn't use bound weaponry, since its intended for a Lich I assume. It uses mostly destruction, with a hint of paralysis, and in wide spaces will work very well i'm sure.

Still, found that m02-somethingorother-Lich just below the MakarCamaron fighting style doesn't use bound weaponry,

I'll have to remember that in the future. I'd like to do a mage companion for general release, but all the standard combat styles seemed to keep reverting to "summon something and die." I appreciate the comedy value, but in terms of, you know, not-dying, it leaves a bit to be desired.