Knowledge.

kvnchrist

Another exception quote: "Pride comes before the fall".

Debate or not, you have no reason to resort to pitiful mudslinging and insulting. So far, Silver, you've insulted two people merely because they pointed out your flaws.

Gain humility, honesty, and maturity.

Drop the verbosity, vanity, and surreality.

You haven't done any more than puff up your words, doll up your posts with pretentious, precocious quotes, and strike at all who criticize your ways. Away with you, treacherous viper!

M'kay...

1. Drop the attitude

2. Please speak with RESPECT, as I mentioned before.

3. Everyone stop acting like children

Now, Kura, if you took the time to read the insanity that Marharth has posted before, you would see why it is that some of us are upset with him. I don't agree with insulting anyone to get one's point across, but calling someone a treacherous viper is immature and, again, uncalled for in its own right. I can tell you off-hand, that although I don't always agree with him, and some of what he saids can be vague and odd, Silver is certainly not an idiot, or incapable of reason. He is a very smart human being from what I have observed. Everyone has their flaws, but that doesn't mean that one should carry them out, or, in this case Kura, announce it to the world.

You say insulting is immature, yet you call my posts insane?

@Granny To be quite honest, my problem is that I am not a very good writer. If I was better at presented my thoughts through text then I am sure you would be able to follow my logic much easier. I do try to post sources as much as possible, but in the situation of philosophical debate it is kind of hard to use sources as a way of backing up my statements.

I understand that logic is not everything, and knowledge is a wide area. What I am saying is that experience sometimes supports education, and education sometimes supports experience.

That isn't an insult Marharth.

You don't call wanting to rid the school systems of art, explain everything you think you know, but scientists can't figure out, with Science, when Science can't explain everything, not even its own origins, and not backing up your claims, yet wrapping them in the golden truth isn't insane? It's unorganized material. That isn't an insult, that's the truth.

It is a insult, you consider my opinion insane because it conflicts with your opinion.

1. The school system teaching art does nothing but painting classes now. If you want art to be part of critical thinking, then you have to change the entire school system.

2. You have already be debunked on this about four times by three different people, time for you to give up on that. Science evolves over time, and we already have a basic idea on brain science. Since we already have a basic idea on why things happen in the brain, it is logical to assume that the brain will someday be figured out by science since most things are. Weather was once unknown, and found out. Disease was once unknown, and found out. Brain science has a basic idea, so why will it not be found out? Are you going to call LadyMilla insane as well due to this? How am I not backing up my claims?

Ok, you know what? I'm through talking to you if you're not willing to reason. First of all, I didn't bring LadyMilla into this, and for onething, unlike you, yes, she does have proof to back up her sources. In fact, I will back that up now. Granny has posted earlier in this thread that you too lack the ability to prove what you claim, as has Silver, Aureilius, and a whole bunch of other people, and yet, here you are, throwing your insults at me. Even if it was an insult to you, I didn't mean it in the manner to which you seem to believe. The old age saying of don't repeat your past mistakes, including that of others, works wonderfully in a situation such as this, where you could have chosen to react in a civil manner, but instead, you shove your words into my mouth-as always-, and you put yourself above others. There's another saying too: walk away. And you know what? That's what I'm going to do. I don't have time to deal with people like you who jump to immediate conclusions without any forethought and then cast aspursions on others. It's not in my nature to display hostility, and I'm not going to do it. The only thing I'm going to do is the mature thing. I leave you and everyone else to another debate of senseless battles. Goodbye.

How am I insulting you at all?

I asked you why you think I did not backup my claims on the brain science issue and you completely ignored my question and said you are going to stop talking to me and leave. Its not mature to run away from a discussion if challenged.

"explain everything you think you know, but scientists can't figure out, with Science, when Science can't explain everything, not even its own origins"

This was your reasoning behind calling me insane. I have the exact same views on this as other community members, so I was wondering why you did not call them insane as well.

I'm not running away from your challenge, I'm walking away from it because I already know how it's going to end. I don't give up when presented with something that could make me stronger. I choose not to get caught up in this debate because in the end, I know I'm going to lose my temper. I don't feel like getting banned, thank you. And I already answered your brain question a billion times already, and you always answer with the samething. Not everything about the brain can be explained, and I honestly believe somethings about it never will be solved. And I never called you insane, I called your posts insane because of the lack of any evidence or reasoning. Here we go again with the shoving of the words. And FYI, where's your understanding of my post? You ignore what I have to say, but then you say that I'm ignoring you now? That's exactly my point. I'm choosing not to talk to you because it always leads down the wrong path. Now I'm done. I truly, now, have lost all interest in this.

Edited by Keanumoreira

I'm not running away from your challenge, I'm walking away from it because I already know how it's going to end. I don't give up when presented with something that could make me stronger. I choose not to get caught up in this debate because in the end, I know I'm going to lose my temper. I don't feel like getting banned, thank you. And I already answered your brain question a billion times already, and you always answer with the samething. Not everything about the brain can be explained, and I honestly believe somethings about it never will be solved. And I never called you insane, I called your posts insane because of the lack of any evidence or reasoning. Here we go again with the shoving of the words. And FYI, where's your understanding of my post? You ignore what I have to say, but then you say that I'm ignoring you now? That's exactly my point. I'm choosing not to talk to you because it always leads down the wrong path. Now I'm done. I truly, now, have lost all interest in this.

So saying my posts are insane does not relate to the poster?

I asked why you think I am not backing up my brain argument with anything, you have yet to answer that.

Your saying I am not backing up my posts with anything, yet your making a statement like "Not everything about the brain can be explained, and I honestly believe somethings about it never will be solved." I don't see your presented anything to backup that statement.

Edited by marharth

Keanu and Marharth there is such a thing as editing, the endless full quoting and full counter quoting takes up the majority of the page without being even slightly necessary. Copy the excerpts that you want to refute put quotes around them and attribute it to the author. These full page replies that have only a few lines in rebuttal are a pain to sift through.

How this thread has gone shows who has wisdom and who has wisdom and intelligence. Time spent arguing over petty and unimportant turns of phrase?

"Intelligences lets you figure out things in life...wisdom lets you live happily with how things figure out." ~Dani Miller - Great Thinker of the Nexus Forums *smirk*

There is a quote for you.

Stop taking it all so personally and stop finger pointing. My children play nicer than some of you.

(edit: Wild Bunch member posting #1)