New Vegas Script Extender destroys all controls. =/

bowman9898

I have a lot of mods I want to use, and I can start NVSE, when I load any save all the mods come up loaded fine, but when I load any save, start a new game, running xbox controller or mouse and keyboard, I can't do controls besides actions and talking to people.

I cannot bring up the pipboy, get out my gun, or go to third person.

I have tried defaulting the controls, playing vanilla with only NVSE, switching control styles, getting an older version of NVSE, everything.

The X-Box controller seems to be behaving badly since the 1.4 patch (probably needs a new driver to be released). As for NVSE are using this one - http://nvse.silverlock.org/ - and if so then try this one - http://nvse.silverlock.org/beta/fnv4gb_nvse.zip - and see if that helps.

BTW- If you're trying vanilla then there's no reason for NVSE, try vanilla without it and see if the problem persists.

I unplugged the controller I was using and restarted the game, the second I loaded in, my char put his sniper rifle away and I was still unable to use the pip-boy or anything.

Then I used the zip file, I was able to aim for use the pipboy for about 3 seconds before it put it away and the same problem happened.

>.<

That sounds like corrupted files, probably the saves themselves but you could try to verify your cache on Steam anyway. Are you using the games autosave and quicksave? If so then stop and use only manual saves or a save mod. You could also try starting a new vanilla game, manual save when you leave Doc's house and then try to load an old save.

o-o

Enabling via console actually worked!

I think I love you.

<3

EDIT: It gives me control for about 5 seconds before stopping again. >.<

That is very odd, let me look into it some more, then I shall get back to you. In the mean-time, research that console command on the wiki and see if it has any additional notes.