What would you do in case of a zombie outbreak?

rausheim

What's your basic plan?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Stay home with a shotgun pointing at the door
    • Rescue friends and family
    • Go to a "safe" zone
    • Try to find a cure
    • Suicide (can't live in a world like this)
    • Rausheim's plan (Go north where zombies can't move cos of cold and have loads of guns)
    • Kuraikiba's plan ("make shift weapons" and kill zombies)
    • Ub3rman123's plan (Become a zombie with a weird outfit for the sake of lulz)
    • Go on a zombie-killing spree!
    • BRAAAAAIINZZZ!!!! (Already a zombie)

Well, title says it. What would you do in case of a zombie outbreak?

The zombies are the type in George A Romero's, aka "slow zombies".

Provide a detail plan that is realistic and what you would do regarding your skills or occupation, if you actually have guns or accessible to em, vehicles, army depot etc

Background story: You see it in the news, you see it on social media and web based newspapers etc. You even witness em in real life.

WHAT DO YOU DO? :D

Edited by rausheim

Run up to them and give them a warm HUG! I'm sure that they are just feeling lonely and want some attention - hey it doesn't hurt to tr -AARGH!!! Edited by amycus

I'd put on a clown costume and get myself bitten on purpose. Just to freak people out.

No, really. That is what I'd do. I have no survival skills aside from the ability to breathe.

I would have these things:

- Knife

- Beer (Goes with Beer Bottles)

- Rags

- 25 Beer Bottles

- Homemade bow

- 3 Zippo lighters

- Wood, lots of it

- Metal, lots of it

- Key rings, tons of them

- 1 car, junker

First: First, I'd get the beer from some bars, as well as bottles, rags from stores. Pour beer in 10 bottles, stuff rags in top. 5 bottles, I'd break as cutting weapons. 10, I'd use to throw at the zombies.

Second: I'd already have a knife or two, so I'd get some wood and metal from a junkyard. Lots, actually. Store it in a run down building. Next, I'd get to work cutting the wood with the knife, making 2 pistols (No tops), and a bow. I'd use rags strung together as a bow string. I'd go out to a junker car nearby, and I'd take the muffler, cut in half longways, bend into small, long tubes, and pinch one end. Use a zippo lighter as a welder to keep it intact. Then, use the lighter to melt it to the wooden pistol frame. Repeat for second gun. I'd then make little spheres out of my metal from the junkyard, serving as bullets. Would do again once I ran out. As well, I'd make numerous arrows with the knife. We will get back to the gun in a bit.

Third: get several dozen key rings (Loot stores, which are abandoned). Get back to my compound. I'd take the car doors from the junkers, bash until there are four chest-torso sized plates, then I'd stabe holes near the corners and loop key rings in. Boom, armor. I'd take the remaining parts of the doors, do a similar process, and make armguards and Greaves. Any scrap would serve as armor I'd melt to my boots using a lighter. That's the armor.

Fourth: Now, back to the gun. I'd slide a zippo lighter in each pistol barrel, then pinch the back of the barrel tight, then a soft weld. The explosive propellant for the gun would be beer. The bullets are the spheres of metal. Now, I'd take the axles out of the car. I'd snap parts, for use as blowguns. Then, I'd take the tires, melt them in a line, and use all four hubcaps as a backing I'd weld on one end, making a cannon. I'd wad large balls of metal to make cannonballs, and take various shrapnel as grapeshot. Alcohol would be used to fire it. Some of the cannonballs would be hollowed out to be filled with beer and used as grenades. There you go, done with weapons.

Fifth: Now some disease prevention. Since it's communicable, I'd make a bandanna out of some rags, and makes gloves of some rags. For sturdiness, I'd weld a little metal, making them somewhat protective armored gloves.

Sixth: Food. Hardest part. Most stuff would be diseased or perished, so I would cook dirt cakes for food. I'd distill rainwater via a bucket and sieve (with a tap) I'd fashion out of metal. In cases of drought, I'd move my compound materials to a river. That would be good enough. In case of need of nutrients, I'd hunt, and cook the animals in a makeshift pot, using alcohol I'd light with the zippo lighter. That solves the food crisis.

Last: Bring it on zombies! I'd have two makeshift alcohol-fueled pistols, 10 Molotov Cocktails, 15 beer bottles (5 broken, 10 whole), a bow and arrows, a beer-fired cannon, armor all over, full body coverage of clothes, tons of bullets and arrows and cannonballs, grapeshot for the cannon everywhere, plenty of grenades, and food.

So yeah, that's what I would do. Trust me, I'd be very prepared for something like this. This is all assuming I'm in a deserted town devoid of humans. In real life? I'd be able to last for months. Yeah, I'm that awesome with improvised weaponry!

Interesting... Well, here's my "list".

Weapons: Got this covered, as I'm both an active shooter, hunter and reservist officer. My HK-416 and USP Tactical, are the ones I would most likely be taking with me on "raids" to get supplies.

Armor/Protection: I've got a riot suit, might re-inforce the arms and legs with something extra. Would also use leather jacket and pants (harder to bite through).

Vehicle: I've got two vehicles, one Chevy Tahoe and one Toyota Avensis. Chevy Tahoe running over zombies = ftw.

Compound: I live like in the bush of southern Norway :P, one minus here is that there are a lot of windows in "zombie crawl through" height. Would (together with father and mother, living near me) lay out barbed wires, this is a old farming house so stuff like that is everywhere. But I would not stay here indefinatly. Depending on the time of year.

Now what I would do.

First thing I would do is actually raiding the local gun shop for both more weapons and ammo. Then raid a grocery store, taking everything canned food I can carry.

Then get my closest family, most of them are trained marksmen as myself so more guns shooting ftw.

Then the construction of my compound (as mentioned above).

Keep the generator (and power as long as that works) running so I can have lights around the compound.

Make my stand there for the moment. Might raid a army depot (only 70km away from here) in order to get stuff like claymore mines etc.

Now, since this is in Norway. Here king winter comes! :D The zombies (which produce no body heat) would turn into popcicles, at least temporary.

Now comes my masterplan into action. Pack up a lot of supplies from a construction materials depot/store. Then, either steal a ship or something and head north to the cold where zombies cannot move around. Build a greenhouse for food production and fish for meat and vitamins.

What would be my biggest issue, is other survivors and s***. Especially since no one can be trusted during armageddon. Human factor is not good during crisis, unless trained.

@Ub3rman123: Well, if memory serves me right. Cutting off the limb bitten worked in "Day of the Dead".

@Kuraikiba: The military guns is because of being a officer and active reserve :P and that we use them in competitions/training etc. Riot suit, I bought a few years ago (don't ask why lol). And the claymores? Raid a army depot (as I mentioned).