What would you do in case of a zombie outbreak?

rausheim

What's your basic plan?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Stay home with a shotgun pointing at the door
    • Rescue friends and family
    • Go to a "safe" zone
    • Try to find a cure
    • Suicide (can't live in a world like this)
    • Rausheim's plan (Go north where zombies can't move cos of cold and have loads of guns)
    • Kuraikiba's plan ("make shift weapons" and kill zombies)
    • Ub3rman123's plan (Become a zombie with a weird outfit for the sake of lulz)
    • Go on a zombie-killing spree!
    • BRAAAAAIINZZZ!!!! (Already a zombie)

I dunno if a basement is a good place. I'd say a second or third floor is better, since you have a better chance of escape if surrounded.

I think my old Beetle is useless for zombie mowing-down.

Get out of my house. Make for the nearest national guard armory. I presume it is still occupied by friendlies, simply due to the fact that it's got the highest concentration of firepower in my area. From there, establish a chain of command and begin to fortify the armory using everything from the armored vehicles on-site to upturned cars.

At this point, I can assume we (we being myself, and any survivors who have joined us at the armory, or the people who already held the armory when I arrived) are more than capable of launching raids on local grocery stores, through a combination of the military vehicles such as a Humvee and experienced shooters, we could raid local grocery stores and camp stores to keep in good supply of what we couldn't gather with relative safety.

The obvious issue would be a water supply. Eventually it will begin to break down as less attention is being paid to it. At that point, we would have to relocate. Loading up the Humvee(s) with with all the food, ammo, water, gasoline, etc. A half-dozen per Humvee, probably three or four in total.

The next move would be to make our way to a military base. During our time at the armory, we could use the radio equipment to attempt making contact with any others who aren't infected, and establish a save egress and destination, between CB, HAM, and military radio operators in the US, and around the world, it would be fairly easy to establish where it is and isn't safe to go. Following that, make our way out to safety and either hold our ground until the infection dies out, or just hold out as long as we can before we die.

I dunno. Being stuck in a basement with only a year's worth of food with potentially hundreds of zombies holding the door shut over you sounds worse. Besides, a basement can collapse over you as much as the floor beneath you.

How about this - quickly go to the closest tree and punch some wood, make a workbench and tools of more wood to mine some coal. Gather some blocks of any material and build a hut with torches where you can hide overnight from the zombies and spiders that come forth during the night. It has worked so far... Edited by amycus

I like barricading for safety and acquiring supplies though I would worry how long I would last. Supermarket sounds like the best place for supplies and shelter. A self sufficient boat/cruiser might be good place for mobile sanctuary unless zombies can swim. Definitely can't be alone for safety reasons and personal well being. A deserted island might be good temporary shelter and restock.

But what to do about invading/aggressive humans on top of zombies? Would you help others or worry about logistics? Would you trust others? Maybe locate nearest friend(s) or relative(s).

Edited by sendo75

@marharth: These zombies are the "slow zombies" from George A Romero. They won't decompose that fast, because what ever made them zombies, also slowed down the decomposing state.

@sendo75: Slow zombies can't swim, but they can move on the ocean bottom :P The biggest problem is other humans, who would might become crazy and start being all emotional etc.