A notepad instead of a Pip-Boy

sagittarius22

Theres a really good reason why you're given a pip-boy early, and unless you use a replacement from the exact same point on, you will not have access to your inventory or healing items, maps, nothing, until you get one. The quest idea sounds great but is fundamentally flawed without an appropriate replacement. The Readius is a much better alternative, IMO. Edited by Sunnie

I think we're missing the point. I get what you're saying, just a lower tech interface.

How about a backpack (when the courier goes to look at his wrist, the camera goes a little lower to an open pack in his hand, then a fallout themed ui comes up with access to all you stats, equip etc. Just a less high tech version of a paused inventory screen. (you could use one of those "old style" map retextures from shilohs (?) to give the map a papery feel)

I really like the idea of finding the pipboy as an in game quest, maybe the notepad or backpack is missing one or two of the sections (non important of course), and the pipboy is like an upgrade.

Speaking of pipboy upgrades.. Whatever happened to them?

• 2 weeks later...

I

Speaking of pipboy upgrades.. Whatever happened to them?

well, apparently the 3000 comes with the Geiger counter stock. but I'd Like to see the Motion Tracker attachment make a come back, (it would function like high perception works now with the red marks on your compass.) with out the add-on, you wouldn't get them with out it