What Engine should the next Fallout be made on?

huntsman2310a

18 members have voted

1. 1. what should the next Fallout game be on?

• X-ray (STALKER, Clear Sky and Call Of Pripyat)
    • Creation (Skyrim)
    • Id Tech 5 (RAGE)

alright since no-one has really tried to make a practical reason for their Engine choice apart from "Skyrim has it, therefore the next Fallout will" and "co-op with up to three people" (which doesn't tell enough info)

I don't think you understand. It's not about giving reasons for a choice, it's already a done deal, there is no choice. BethSoft will be using the Gambryo engine for some time to come, whether anyone wants to campaign for a different engine or not. It just doesn't matter because it's already set in stone. Personally, I like the Gambryo engine they are using because it is relatively easy to mod, even for complete novices. And a completely rewritten and updated version with a toolset will be nothing short of heaven!

I do understand. I apologize for wording the poll title incorrectly, instead of 'what engine should the next Fallout be on?', I will change it to 'Which engine do you want the next Fallout to use?'

and once again please state what features you think are the best suited to Fallout, from the engine you voted on, thank you.

gearbox is that the engine ? borderlands mechanics were pretty rad!

Nah, that was the unreal engine 3. Which is also pretty damned moddable :D (yeah, to me that's an important thing when it comes to engines.)

X-ray on the other hand, wasn't that much. With Call of pripyat it was basicly luck that got multiple mods working together. but it does feature awesome AI and the lighting mechanics aren't bad either. but the gun mechanics are still the best i've come across :)

As to the Creation engine and iD tech 5 engine.. hard to tell what they are actually capable of as none of us have played it (yeah, wild assumption but hey.. )

But like i said; moddablity is a big thing to me and if the creation engine is as moddable as gamebryo then i'd say the creation enigine is a pretty good choice :) (hoping they learn neat new tricks from Skyrim :) )

Edited by Urwy

I don't understand why people hate the current engine so much?

It has it's problems, but it's still great in my opinion. All it truly needs is a fix for all the major bugs in it.

The current engine isn't so bad, there are better options though.

Sorry if this is off topic in engines.

I pick the engine that wowed me the most in 15 years of 1st person gaming

It ran Crysis.

I have played Stalker many times and with mods. Its good engine. great i fact.

Better than F3 one used now. Some moments in New vegas are 'i feel im in Stalker'

Complimentary games.

I dont like unreal E.. too twitchy. it has no 'weight' . A thing crysis is loved for.

Even though The C engine is so much more demanding on hardware.

Unreal was built for speed. [online] And thus is not a 1st choice in single player games

J4B