Help with creating a more complex quest and scripts

bigman28

you use the result script inside of a line of dialogue.

use "SetStage" (then put the first stage # for the stage being set) in the correct format.

As far as using the generic quest I was tlaking about earlier, you will have to find one that works for you, then add your own topic within that quest's quest data.

It's hard to explain :'(

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you use the result script inside of a line of dialogue.

use "SetStage" (then put the first stage # for the stage being set) in the correct format.

As far as using the generic quest I was tlaking about earlier, you will have to find one that works for you, then add your own topic within that quest's quest data.

It's hard to explain :'(

okay, I put

"SetObjectiveDisplayed SMscavengerhunt 10 1

Setstage SMscavengerhunt 10 1"

In the result script (begin) on one guy's dialogue

but nothing happened when i tried it in game

here is what you should have done...

SetStage SMscavengerhunt 10 1

and when you used this code where-ever you implemented it...

inside of the quest "SMscavengerhunt" under the "Stages" tab in the "result script" box...

should have been the code to display the objective, which is "SetObjectiveDisplayed SMscavengerhunt 10 1"

:)

here is what you should have done...

SetStage SMscavengerhunt 10 1

and when you used this code where-ever you implemented it...

inside of the quest "SMscavengerhunt" under the "Stages" tab in the "result script" box...

should have been the code to display the objective, which is "SetObjectiveDisplayed SMscavengerhunt 10 1"

:)

How do you do that through dialogue? I'm trying to have the quest initiated through dialogue.

Edited by bigman28

Well... you can't initiate the quest through dialogue... because you don't have the quest running.

As I said earlier... (except now i added some detail, and some FLAVAAAA)

Find a quest that is always running... doesn't really matter what it is, you can always make your own with no title. Then add the topic of "GREETING" into that quest (if it doesn't already have it). The use the conversation editor and do it that way. By choosing the quest, and the NPC you want (in the filter) you can make your NPC be the only one to say specific lines of dialogue to your character which will initiate your quest.

Glen might be able to explain it better.

Edited by Skibblets

Well... you can't initiate the quest through dialogue... because you don't have the quest running.

As I said earlier... (except now i added some detail, and some FLAVAAAA)

Find a quest that is always running... doesn't really matter what it is, you can always make your own with no title. Then add the topic of "GREETING" into that quest (if it doesn't already have it). The use the conversation editor and do it that way. By choosing the quest, and the NPC you want (in the filter) you can make your NPC be the only one to say specific lines of dialogue to your character which will initiate your quest.

Glen might be able to explain it better.

Okay, let me explain in detail also

I have one quest named SMscavengerhunt, priority of 55, start game enabled, and script processing delay checked

under quest stages I got

under topic I got the lines and everything, one in particular is the one that has the result script "SetStage SMscavengerhunt 10 1"

but when I initiate that line in game it doesn't activate the quest. If I left anything out that you need to know just tell me and I will let you know.

Edited by bigman28

well... the quest is "Start game Enabled" So I believe it is already on stage 10... (I THINK)

I would just make a stage 5 that does nothing at all. Then use the dialogue to setstage over to 10.

lemme know if that works for you.

well... the quest is "Start game Enabled" So I believe it is already on stage 10... (I THINK)

I would just make a stage 5 that does nothing at all. Then use the dialogue to setstage over to 10.

lemme know if that works for you.

No, I created a stage 5 and left it blank and still nothing.