Wrye Bash Help

Simply put, I try putting .7z files into the Bain Installers folder and opened up Wrye Bash. I booted up Wrye Bash and looked up the Installers tab. I don't see any of the files there.

Take note, I'm very much new to using Wrye Bash (294.2, Standalone, CBash v0.5.3: Default [sI]) and I have no idea how to install mods. I tried to read the guides but with how confused I am I might as well be reading gibberish.

I've installed the C+ 2008 thingy and I would've used OMOD/OBMM if my .NET Framework wasn't working.

Ideas>

Windows 7 or Vista? Oblivion installed in c:\Program Files\Oblivion or c:\Program Files (x86)\Oblivion ? If so, it's probably a UAC interference problem.

Use Bben46's guide to shift the installation to C:\Games\Oblivion (NOT repeat NOT "My games/Oblivion").

Then try my basic walkthrough - "The Pain of BAIN (is mainly in my brain)".

That should (hopefully) get you up and running, and then you can try the mods you wanted to add.

Well I'm no wrye bash ace either, but use the Python version and so far it's been working like a charm.

The tutorials Mark linked are good, but if you are the sort that prefers things more visual and foolproof, try Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide. Just by downloading Chapter One you have the basics.

Mind you, SOME mods even though are 7z files will not show up in the installers tab. As I said before I am no genious, and I don't know why that happens, but usually I can fix that extracting the folder from the .zip, and chunking it inside the bain installers folder. Not working? Try extracting the folder inside that one.

Hope that helps.:thumbsup:

@Mark: My Oblivion's installed in: E:\Games\Bethesda Softworks so my Oblivion Mods Folder is at that location along with the Oblivion proper . I'm using Microsoft XP SP3.

@Candex: Tried extracting the .7z's contents to the Bain Installers folder. No cigar so I'll try the pictorial guide. Wish me luck!

Edited by JosephAllen123

@Candex: Thanks for the Guide. It helped me a lot with installing mods. I also uninstalled my old Wrye Bash and installed the Python version. Now it's working.

Now all I need is to do trial and error to see how mods work.

EDIT: I tried installing the HG Eye Candy body mod from the Installers tab, this is what it said:

== Skipped (Extension)

== Skipped (Dir)

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Feet\Meshes\characters\_male\femalefoot.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Hands\Fighter\Meshes\characters\_male\femalehand.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Hands\Normal\Meshes\characters\_male\femalehand.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\argonian\female\footfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\argonian\female\footfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\argonian\female\handfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\argonian\female\handfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\darkelf\female\footfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\darkelf\female\footfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\darkelf\female\handfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\darkelf\female\handfemaleorig.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\dremora\female\footfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\dremora\female\footfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\dremora\female\handfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\imperial\headhuman.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\imperial\female\footfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\imperial\female\footfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\imperial\female\handfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\imperial\female\handfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\khajiit\female\footfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\khajiit\female\footfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\khajiit\female\handfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\khajiit\female\handfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\khajiit\male\footmale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\khajiit\male\footmale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\orc\female\footfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\orc\female\footfemale_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Common\Textures\characters\orc\female\handfemale.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\femalefoot.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\femalehand.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\femalelowerbodyF.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\femaleupperbodyF.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\MGEC\MGEC readme.txt

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\EBE\meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\EBE\meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\A\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\B\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\C\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\D\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\E\Meshes\characters\_male\femalehand.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\E\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\E\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\HA\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Fighter Upper Body\HB\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\GUTS\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\GUTS\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Lower Body Set\L\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Lower Body Set\LL\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Lower Body Set\M\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Lower Body Set\S\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\A\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\AA\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\B\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\C\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\D\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\E\Meshes\characters\_male\femalehand.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\E\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\E\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\HA\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Nude\Normal Upper Body\HB\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\omod conversion data\config

HGECBody_v1dot21\omod conversion data\info.txt

HGECBody_v1dot21\omod conversion data\screenshot

HGECBody_v1dot21\omod conversion data\script.txt

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\EBE\meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\EBE\meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Fighter\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Fighter\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Fighter\Textures\characters\imperial\underwearlower.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Fighter\Textures\characters\imperial\underwearlower_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Fighter\Textures\characters\imperial\underweartop.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Fighter\Textures\characters\imperial\underweartop_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Normal\Meshes\characters\_male\femalelowerbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Normal\Meshes\characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Normal\Textures\characters\imperial\underwearlower.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Normal\Textures\characters\imperial\underwearlower_n.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Normal\Textures\characters\imperial\underweartop.dds

HGECBody_v1dot21\Underwear\Normal\Textures\characters\imperial\underweartop_n.dds

I need that mod for all the other body texture mods that I'm planning. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Edited by JosephAllen123

Wrye Bash's BAIN installer requires mods to be packed in a specific way. Read the Wrye Bash help file.

EDIT: I tried installing the HG Eye Candy body mod from the Installers tab, this is what it said:

I'm sorry, you are now almost as good as I am with this stuff now. As Hickory said, there is a specific file structure needed for Wrye Bash to install a mod. Your spoiler shows me basically the entire content of HGEC being skipped, in other words, Wrye Bash knows there is a file you want to install, but has no idea on what to do with it.

I usually prefer doing everything via Wrye Bash because I find it neat and tidy. However when I installed HGEC and found myself with that problem, I used OBMM. So far only body replacers and two other mods forced me that way.

I'm glad that the guide was useful. However I only read Chapter One, so I can't give you a hint on how to make a bain conversion. Sorry about that. Maybe the guide itself has some info in some more advanced chapter. :ermm:

Edit:

Read the Wrye Bash help file.

Yes, the Help File is indeed helpful. Personally I find it just as neat as Wrye Bash itself, but it's too much for me to handle at once. I just took a look at the Bain Conversion part, and after reading it three times, it seems easy to do- basically put your mod in the bain converters folder and then follow the instructions using wrye bash. I am sure nothing of this would have made any sense (to me) at all when I was just getting started with mods, or else I would have done this myself! Use at your own discretion though.

Edited by Candex

On a side note, the problem with .NET Framework is probably that you don't have 2.0/2.5 installed and can't install them due to v3.5 being present on your current Windows installation. To absolve this simply uninstall .NET Framework 3.5 through the Add or Remove Programs feature in the Windows Control Panel, reboot, then install all versions of .NET Framework starting with 2.0 and counting up sequentially. Edited by MShoap13