Oblivion Loading speed

MikyWrita

I have a little question.I have lots of Mods in Oblivion so obviously it loads slowly (about 10-15 seconds in the beginning,about 2-3 seconds when im loading a save but i guess this is normal) so im asking is there a way to make it load faster but without disabling some mods,cause i really love Morroblivion and Onra's Tamriel Mods.Also i did disable them once and the game loads instantly,less than 1 second.

The more assets the game has to load, the slower it will be. The same goes for your saved game: the larger it becomes, the slower it is to load in. Your times are not excessive.

You may get a small improvement by using PYFFI on your meshes, removing any invisible data and thus making the files smaller and faster to load. Also if you extract all the files from your BSA archives to the meshes/textures/sounds folders, they don't have to be unarchived. However, on a heavily modded setup, this is less likely to help as the vast majority of your graphics files are already extracted.

Try disabling your antivirus to see whether it's scanning everything on access...

... and defrag using a decent program instead of the free Windows one - try Defraggler.

That MAY help a little