All weapons on body!

Wylfred

Is there a mod that allows you to equip all of you weapons on your body and see them?

I mean like in Gothic 4 when you can equip weapons and you you all of them on your body!

The sword the arrows the bow the shield and the staff all on your body!

If there isn't I think it should be a great mod!!!

I think if you want this to actually go through- post it in the mod suggestion forum :D

EDIT: Thank you for moving to the proper forum, I see people are already flooding the topic :D

Edited by iansaltman

The problem is - you don't EQUIP weapons you are not using - they just are in your inventory. Therefore if you are carrying 14 daggers, 5 swords, 3 bows and 6 types of arrows, along with a staff and mace, you'd need to display them all - OR have a way to say which ones were equipped. Once you sort THAT out, then the rest of the mod might be possible.

Coming to think of it, it should be possible with OBSE's event handling features to say when you equip another weapon first detect all other weapons not of the same type you're already wearing and this way keep a list. In the end you should be able to have 1 weapon of every type at least stored in a background tracking system. Then making all these registered items show up might perhaps already be possible with NifSE or what it's called that can do NIF operations as in NifSkope but in memory during a running game. Might be worth investigating. Anybody up to it? I don't know when I will ever find enough free time again to attempt such scripting try-outs. Else I would certainly do it now, just out of curiosity. :whistling:

edit: Uh, almost forgot the most important part. Then simply make it so the weapon equipped last is the active one. Cycling through the weapons could then be achieved by a method similar to hot-key'ing, just cycling through the virtually-equipped ones instead of another list you compile. You already have them in a list anyways.

The tricky part would be making it so they all show up and you can still draw the according active one.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

Drake - you could probably simplify things and only consider weapons which have a hotkey defined. That'll limit the options and the processing when people have the umpteen loot items described in my earlier post.